Some of the photographs in Google’s Image Search results are so gorgeous that you’ll want to save them to your device. If you’re in this position, here’s how to download photos from your search results on both your mobile device and computer.
On a mobile device, you can download images from Google Image Search.
- Using Google Chrome , Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge on your mobile phone, you can download images from Google’s Image Search results. You can’t use Mozilla Firefox since it doesn’t allow you to save photographs.
- To begin, open your web browser and type “Google Image Search” into the search box. Locate the image you want to save to your phone.
- To download a photo, tap it on the search results page.
- Tap and hold the photo on the full-screen page of your photo.
- Choose “Download Image” from the menu that appears on Android.
- Select “Save Image” from the pop-up menu on your iPhone or iPad.
- You’re done. Your phone will download and save the photo to your local storage.
Save Images from Google Image Search to Your Computer
- To save an image to your desktop, all you have to do is select the image, select an option, and the photo will be saved to your computer.
- To do so, first, open Google Image Search in your chosen web browser on your computer. Find the photo you wish to save to your computer there.
- Access the photo you want to download from the search results page.
- Choose “Save Image As” from the menu that appears when you right-click your photo.
- Your browser will launch the regular “Save As” window on your pc. Choose a folder to save your photo to, input the name of your photo in the “File Name” field, and then click “Save.”
- And you’ve just downloaded your preferred image from the Image Search results. Check your Downloads folder if you’re not sure where the picture file went.
- If the image you downloaded has a low resolution, try downloading it directly from the source site. To do so, go to the photo site by clicking the link beneath the photo rather than the photo itself on the Image Search results page. Right-click the image and select “Save Image As” from the menu that appears.