Android devices are well-known for their ease of installation of applications. However, this independence can cost you a fortune when spyware in unknown apps attacks and steals your data.
Remove and disable bloatware applications.
- Scroll down to App Management in the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Then, go to App List and find the bloatware app to configure it.
- Tap the Uninstall button to remove the bloatware app from your cellphone. If you don’t see an option to uninstall it, you can force stop the app and disable it by pressing the Disable button.
Turn Off App Installation from Unwanted Sources
Google has implemented an app security policy known as Google Play Protect, which analyzes and performs safety checks on apps downloaded from the Play Store. If you frequently install apps from unknown sources, you are more likely to encounter rogue programs that install unwanted apps on your smartphone. To prevent this from occurring, disable app installation from unknown sources.
- Scroll down to the Security option in the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down to Unknown Source Installation and tap it to see a list of apps that can install apps from unknown sources.
- Turn off the toggle for unnecessary applications with installation privileges such as Google Chrome.
Turn off advertisements in system apps.
- To configure it, open the Settings app on your device and select Apps.
- Then, from the app list, find and select the system apps. To deactivate in-app ads, turn off the Receive suggestions option.
- Similarly, several system store apps, such as Samsung Store, Mi Store, and others, display needless adverts, leading to the installation of superfluous programs. You can disable the Show Ads option in their settings.
Scan and restrict advertisements in installed apps
- To install the Ad Detector app on your Android device, go to Google Play Store and search for it.
- To locate all the installed apps that support ads, launch the app and hit the scan button in the bottom-right corner.
- Wait a few seconds for a list of all ad-supported apps to appear. You can now remove or disable the related app by tapping on it.
Examine the app’s settings to prevent unwanted apps from being downloaded.
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to App Management to configure it.
- After that, select the particular app access option and adjust the system settings.
- You can now get a list of all the apps with the ability to change system settings.
- Toggle the modify system settings option on your preferred app to cancel its access.
Disable Annoying OTA Updates as a Bonus Tip
- To configure it, open the Settings app and touch the System Apps Updater option.
- Then, in the top-right corner, click the gear icon and turn off the Auto-Updates options.
- To disable OTA updates on your smartphone, locate the Updater app and tap the Disable option to disable it.
So, that’s all for the ways to stop unwanted apps from downloading automatically on your Android device.