This is following the success of Decentralized Umoja Algorand Bounty Hacks 1 and 2. In line with the Africa Blockchain Alliance’s commitment to foster blockchain education on the African continent, the Alliance partnered with Algorand Foundation and Reach to organize this agile and fast paced program for African web developers to get into blockchain development.
The program will be in the form of an online Bounty Hack Series, which is a guided hackathon in which participants (teams and individuals) learn to build blockchain apps (Dapps) and then complete projects from a pre-approved list over the course of six weeks.
Each team will be assigned a mentor who will work closely with the team to help them succeed to their fullest potential. The dapps developed are presented at the end of the hack and voted on by participants. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. But the hack doesn’t end there.
Every team that participates and completes their project gets prizes of $1,000 or more just for participating.
Details on prizes and incentives are listed below.
- 1st prize $3,000; 2nd prize: $2,000 and 3rd prize: $1,000
- $1,000 to all other participating teams for project completion
- $1,000 Community Choice award
- $250 for writing an article describing your project
- $300 for joining a call describing your project to the project team after the hack
- $500 for turning your project into a Reach workshop (with a pull request) or $750 for turning your project into a Reach tutorial (with a pull request)
In addition to the prizes, participants will continue to get support from the organizers post the hackathon to further develop their projects or develop a career in blockchain.
The hackathon is open to all developers with any level of experience in software development. The main thing is a commitment to complete the tutorial and a project. .
Developers interested in participating can apply now by using the link below:
Application closes on July 15th, 2022. The program will run from July 19, 2022 to September 15, 2022. More information and a detailed timetable can be found here on the official landing page for the Bounty Hack.