Irrespective of the size, every unique business deserves a unique website as this is imperative to beat the competition and extend the brand reach. However, only having a website doesn’t suffice the modern-day requirements; it has to be effective, appealing, and SEO friendly.
According to independent research, businesses with non-user and non-SEO-friendly websites have more chances of failure.
The good news is with the right guidance, you can easily build an engaging website for your business. To make things simple, in this guide, we have listed 5 tips to make a unique website for your unique business.
5 tips to make a unique website for your business
- Choose your domain name wisely.
A domain name, also known as a website address, is the first thing people notice about your business. So, it has to be catchy, meaningful, and impressive. Also, the domain name should complement your business. Here are a few tips for choosing the right domain name for your website.
- Make it short, crisp, and easy to read.
- Use the .com extension for maximum reach. Do not select .net, .co, etc. unless it is necessary.
- Avoid numerals and special characters in between.
- Research the web address before finalizing it to avoid trademark violations.
- To make it SEO-friendly, include your business type and location. E.g., www.OntarioPlumbing.com
- Choose a Trusted host
Any business website just needs two major things to go live. It includes a domain name and a reliable and popular web host. You already have your domain name, so the next step is searching for a trusted web host.
A web host or a website hosting provider is a company that provides the required services and technology for making your website visible on the internet. First, you must connect the chosen domain name to the web host provider. This way, when users visit your website, they are shown the website stored on your hosting account.
The web host services cost between $2-$100 per month. The rates depend on the kind of technology or services you select for your website. Most hosting providers also offer good discounts when you buy a yearly plan, not the monthly one.
In addition, hire top Custom API Development Services that offer expertly matched services to meet your urgent business needs on-demand.
Some popular web hosting companies are:
- Display a crystal clear description of your business
The next step is to display a clear description of you and your extended products and services. This way, people don’t feel confused about visiting your website.
Firstly, ensure your hero image is your main homepage banner, offering a visual and crisp description of your business. In addition, have an introductory text blurb on the top of the page describing you and your services.
Lastly, you must ensure both the main and the footer navigation menus contain “About Us” page links. Make them easily accessible to people, so they can click and get to know your business in a click.
- Implement the best content management system
A software that is used to create and manage digital content for websites is a content management system (CMS). A good CMS helps you in several ways in maintaining your website. There aren’t any technicalities attached to this software, so you can easily use it to create and manage your digital content.
However, choose the CMS software that perfectly suits your business needs. A good CMS comes with features such as:
Some of the popular CMS are as follows:
- Create an engaging website user interface
Implement the following suggestions to leave a positive impression on your visitors:
- Use readable fonts and beautiful graphics
- Do compress and optimize graphics for fast loading.
- Research competitive websites to check how they have designed/optimized their websites.
- Research the target audience to know what they are looking for and provide them with that.
- Maintain consistency throughout the website concerning your brand image.
- Incorporate a navigation system to help users quickly get to the page they are looking for.
- Give accessible contact information.
Creating a unique website for your unique business isn’t as easy as you thought all this while. However, when you follow the step-by-step guide, you can make it possible. Undoubtedly, a unique website will ace your online marketplace game and increase your chances of succeeding.