This year’s Vivo iQOO 9 series is one of the most coveted lineup. Vivo unveiled the 9 SE vanilla choice for China accompanied with the and the 9 Pro. The latest upgrade to the series is the iQOO 9T whose predecessor is the iQOO 9. You would think the iQOO 9T succeeding the iQOO 9 would have similar features but instead it borrows more from the Pro model.
The 9T has upgraded from iQOO 9 chipset which was unexpected and prides itself with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 which is the most recent and greatest from Qualcomm, and is also an additional upgrade over the 9 Pro.
The camera system of the iQOO 9T is notably similar to that of the Pro version comprising of a 50MP main camera with OIS while maintaining most of the secondary camera setup as the vanilla. The aperture got an upgrade of the telephoto camera which is now much bigger at f/2.0.
It is also powered by the same 4,700 mAh battery as the 9 Pro and with a fast charger of 120W. It does not have wireless nor reverse wireless charging capabilities.
The display section also received an upgrade and now has a bigger 6.78 inch 120Hz OLED panel with higher peak brightness, protected by Gorilla Glass 5, instead of Panda Glass compared to the iQOO 9. This upgrade is however similar to the 9 Pro which offers the same 6.78-inch diagonal but with a higher resolution.
What makes a visible difference between the 9T ans 9 Pro is the exterior design which makes it apparent to differentiate one from the other. The difference in design puts the series apart as most brands usually opt for the same design for a series.The phone retails at around $610.
Vivo iQOO Specs:
- Body: 165.0×77.0x8.0mm, 206g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame, glass back; Dust and dripping water resistant.
- Display: 6.78″ AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 388ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, Funtouch 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.57″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 12 MP, f/2.0, 47mm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 13 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚, AF.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: [email protected], gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4700mAh; Fast charging 120W, 50% in 8 min, 100% in 19 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, ultrasonic); NFC; FM radio; Infrared port; stereo speakers.