Losing important files on your computer can happen due to various reasons, such as accidental deletion, hard drive failure, virus attacks, system crashes, or even human errors. However, there’s no need to panic, as several effective methods exist to recover deleted files and restore them to your computer.
In this article, we’ll go over each of these methods in-depth and show you how to use them step-by-step to get back deleted files from your Windows PC. Whether you’re dealing with a minor file deletion or a major data loss, this guide will provide you with practical tips and solutions to help you recover your data.
We’ll also share some valuable tips on how to prevent data loss in the future by creating backups and implementing safe data storage practices. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your data is always protected and accessible whenever needed.
Method 1: Retrieve Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
If you’ve accidentally deleted a file or folder on your Windows PC, the first place to check is the Recycle Bin. When you delete a file, it’s usually moved to the Recycle Bin instead of permanently deleted.
Therefore, you can easily restore deleted files from the Recycle Bin by following these simple steps:
- To launch the Recycle Bin, double-click on its desktop icon.
- Locate the file or folder you want to recover.
- Right-click on the file or folder and select “Restore” from the context menu.
- The file or folder will be restored to its original location on your computer.
If you can’t find the deleted file in the Recycle Bin, it might have been permanently deleted or the Recycle Bin might have been emptied. In this case, you can try the next method to recover your deleted files.
Method 2: Retrieve Deleted Files with Software
If you can’t recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin, the next best option is to use file recovery software. Various software programs can scan your computer’s hard drive and recover deleted files. One such software is iBeesoft Data Recovery, which is a powerful and user-friendly tool that can recover a wide range of file types from various storage devices.
Here’s how to use iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover deleted files:
- On your computer, download and install iBeesoft Data Recovery.
- Choose the file types you want to recover before starting the app.
- Choose the location where you deleted the files and click “Scan”.
- Once the scan is complete, iBeesoft Data Recovery will display a list of recoverable files.
- Choose the files you want to recover after previewing the files.
- Click “Recover” to restore the selected files to your computer.
It’s important to note that you should avoid saving the recovered files to the same location where you deleted them to prevent data overwriting. Instead, save the recovered files to a different location, for example, an external hard drive or USB drive. With iBeesoft Data Recovery, you can easily and quickly recover deleted files on your Windows PC and prevent data loss.
Method 3: Restore Deleted Files by Restoring the Previous Versions
Windows has a built-in feature called “Previous Versions” that allows you to restore files or folders to an earlier state. This feature is particularly useful when you accidentally delete a file and can’t find it in the Recycle Bin.
Here’s how to restore deleted files by restoring the previous versions:
- Right-click on the folder where the deleted file was stored and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Previous Versions” tab.
- Select the previous version of the folder where the file was placed and click “Restore”.
- If prompted, confirm that you want to restore the folder and its contents.
- Wait for the restore process to complete.
- Check the folder to confirm that the deleted file has been restored.
It’s important to note that this method only works if you have previously enabled the “File History” feature in Windows. This feature automatically creates backup copies of your files and folders, allowing you to restore previous versions of your files. If you haven’t enabled this feature, you can try using file recovery software like iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover your deleted files.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Files From Windows Backup
If you back up your Windows computer regularly, it’s easy to get back files that you accidentally deleted.
Here’s how to recover removed files from a Windows backup:
- Click on the “Start” button and select “Settings”.
- Click on “Update & Security” and then click on “Backup”.
- Under “Back up using File History”, click on “More options”.
- Click on “Restore files from a current backup” or “Select another backup for file restoration”.
- Browse to the location where the deleted files were stored and select the files you want to restore.
- Click on “Restore” to restore the selected files.
This method only works if you have previously created a backup of your files and folders. If you haven’t created a backup, you can try using file recovery software like iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover your deleted files. Additionally, it’s always a good idea to regularly back up your important files and folders to prevent data loss in case of system failures, malware attacks, or accidental deletion.
You can create backups of your files and folders using windows’ built-in backup feature or third-party backup software. Make sure to store your backups in a safe and secure location, such as an external hard drive, cloud storage service, or USB flash drive.
In case you do not have a backup, data recovery software like iBeesoft Data Recovery can be an effective solution to recover deleted files. However, it’s important to stop using the device immediately after data loss occurs to avoid overwriting the deleted files. The more you use the device, the higher the chances of the deleted files being overwritten and irrecoverable. So, it’s recommended to use a different device for data recovery or disconnect the affected device and connect it to another computer to run the data recovery software.
In conclusion, these four methods can help you recover deleted files from a Windows PC or computer. It is important to regularly back up your important files and folders to avoid data loss in the first place.
In this article, we discussed four methods to recover deleted files from a Windows PC. The first method is to recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin. The second method involves using data recovery software, and we recommended iBeesoft Data Recovery as a reliable and effective tool. We provided a step-by-step guide for using the software to recover deleted files.
The third method involves restoring deleted files by restoring previous versions. This method is only useful if you have enabled File History or created a System Restore Point. Finally, we discussed the fourth method, which involves recovering deleted files from a Windows backup. We also highlighted the importance of regularly backing up your important files and folders to avoid data loss. You can apply them all to recover deleted files from Windows 11.
In conclusion, while there are several ways to recover deleted files, the best approach is to prevent data loss by regularly backing up your files and folders. If you do experience data loss, stop using the device immediately to avoid overwriting the deleted files and use one of the methods discussed to attempt to recover the lost data.