Safaricom 4G Wi-Fi Home Internet Package is a 4G home-based internet service running on a 4G Wi-Fi router and a 4G-enabled SIM card.
Safaricom announced the revamp of its 4G Wi-Fi proposition to reduce router prices and introduce new daily allocation packages for its home customers as an alternative to the fibre service. Under the revamped plan, new customers will enjoy KES 4,000 off 4G Wi-Fi routers and get a free 30GB welcome bundle. All customers will also enjoy new daily allocation packages that empower customers who opt-in to receive data daily, guaranteeing connection throughout the month.
The daily allocation bundles offer 105GB (3.5GB awarded daily) for KES 2,999; 150GB (5GB awarded daily) for KES 4,100; 240GB (8GB awarded daily) for KES 6,299 and 540GB (18GB awarded daily) for KES 12,499, all at a speed of 5Mbps and with a validity of 30 days.
“4G Wi-Fi represent a great choice for data users, giving them access to seamless, flexible, and reliable connectivity while at home. It leverages our extensive 4G coverage to supplement our nationwide fibre network as we continue to enable Kenyans to enjoy a digital lifestyle by making the service more affordable,” said Peter Ndegwa, CEO – Safaricom PLC.
With Safaricom’s 4G covering over 97% of Kenya’s population, customers can enjoy 4G Wi-Fi by simply acquiring a router and sim card at any Safaricom Shop or dealer outlet. Customers can also visit internet.safaricom.co.ke or dial *400*49# to get connected.
To purchase plans or manage their accounts, customers can visit MySafaricom App, Safaricom.com or dial *400#, select option 3 – “4G Wi-Fi” and follow the prompts. Payment options include M-PESA, Post-pay or Bonga points.
To connect users will need to buy a 4G Router and 4G Sim card available in all Safaricom Shops and select dealers countrywide or dial 40049# to submit their 4G Wi-Fi request.
You will then select the 4G package of your choice.
|Plan||Daily Data Volume*||Monthly Data Volume|
|2,999||105 GB||90 GB|
|4,100||150 GB||120 GB|
|6,299||240 GB||200 GB|
|12,499||549 GB||400 GB|
The Huawei router has additional extras as listed below:
- LAN ports vs 2 ports on Adrian
- App: Easier configuration, Guest wifi creation capability, placement recommendation, parental control
After purchase, one simply plugs in the 4G Router to a power socket then they are good to go. The router comes with a power supply chord which can be plugged into the mains electricity or on a power extension cable. The router can carry up to 32 users in a room, office, event or home at one time.
Most of these routers come with a password or WI-FI KEY printed at the back or bottom of the Router but the good news is that the router can be changed or updated anytime.
To change password:
- Make sure your machine is connected to the 4G Router Wi-Fi
- Log into this portal on your web browser, type 192.168.8.1
- Enter User: admin or username indicated on the router
- Enter password: admin or password indicated on the router
- Input your preferred Username
- Input your preferred password
- Login to your devices with the new Wi-Fi Username and password
Check that you have an active account by dialing *400*3# and select Check Account Status.
Restart your Router by powering off (press the power button) and then power it on. If it does not work and you have an active account, simply call 400 from your mobile device or e-mail us via [email protected]
4G Wi-Fi Bundle is valid for 30 days and will expire on the anniversary date of your last payment. Unused data bundle resources will not roll over.
Simply dial *400*3# and select Check Account Status.
To renew the 4G Wi-Fi Internet package, simply follow the instructions below:
- Dial *400# and select “4G Wi-Fi”
- Select “Buy 4G Plans”
- Select the “Account number”
- Select 4G plan to renew Select your preferred mode of payment i.e. M-PESA or Postpay/Credit Limit
- If you select M-PESA, you will be prompted to enter your 4-digit M-PESA PIN.
- Upon successful purchase, you will receive a flash notification of successful payment and a confirmation SMS will be sent to your Mobile number
- Alternatively, you can load airtime directly to the 4G SIM number, Dial *141* recharge code*Router SIM card number#
Users can buy a new 4G Wi-Fi bundle once they exhaust their current allocation. Simply dial *400# and select 4G Wi-Fi.
4G Wi-Fi bundles will only be usable in places where there is good 4G coverage and will work only on the 4G Router. The Router 4G SIM will only work on your 4G Router. The mobile number of your SIM will be printed on a label at the back of the Router. Alternatively, dial *400# from your registered line, select “4G Wi-Fi” and Check Account Status, your account number is the mobile number of the SIM in the router.
You must be logged in to post a comment.