To allow users to share their screens during video calls, WhatsApp has finally introduced its screen-sharing feature. This is a fantastic way to present or work on projects with coworkers or friends.
How to Use the Screen-Sharing Feature in WhatsApp
Meta did not specify whether this is a global release, but given that the screen-sharing feature has been in Beta testing for over a month, all users will likely begin to have access to this feature soon.
Follow these instructions to use the screen-sharing feature:
- Start a video call on WhatsApp and select the person or individuals you want to share your screen with.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap the three dots.
- Simply click “Share Screen.”
- Select whether you want to share your entire screen or a specific app.
- The other person will be able to see what you have chosen to share on their screen once you have done so.
- When you want to stop sharing your screen, hit the three dots once more and choose “Stop Sharing Screen.”
During the video call, your screen content is continuously shared, but you always have the option to stop. Additionally, the information on your screen is only accessible with your permission.