Many Safaricom users are dissatisfied that they are losing airtime due to Safaricom subscriptions that they did not sign up for or do not require anymore. These subscriptions may be for a variety of services, including news alerts, premium SMS, Skiza songs, etc. In addition to deducting airtime without your knowledge, they could send you bothersome or pointless messages or notifications that could interfere with how you use or communicate on your phone.
Fortunately, there are a number of fast ways to check and remove yourself from any Safaricom membership you no longer want or desire. You will discover how to achieve that using USSD and the MySafaricom App in this article.
Using *456# as a USSD Code
- Utilize the USSD code *456# to check your current Safaricom subscriptions by doing the following actions:
- On your phone, dial *456# and then click the call button.
- You’ll see a menu with several choices. To stop, choose option 9, then hit send.
- Another menu with numerous subscription categories, including Data bundles, SMS bundles, Skiza, Premium Services, and Games, will appear.
- Choose a category, such as Data bundles, SMS bundles, Skiza, Premium Services & Games, etc., that you want to check.
- To read more information or unsubscribe from any of these subscriptions, select the subscription you want.
- A message confirming your successful unsubscription from the service will be sent to you.
Using *100# as a USSD Code
You may also use this to view and manage your current Safaricom subscriptions. The steps are as follows:
- On your Safaricom line, enter *100#.
- The menu will display; choose option 5 (My Subscriptions) from it.
- Pick option 1 (Active Subscriptions) next.
- All of your current Safaricom subscriptions, including Data Bundles, SMS Bundles, promotional messages, etc., will be listed for you to see.
- It’s fine if you don’t have any subscriptions to any services. But if there are, you can unsubscribe from any of these subscriptions by choosing them from the menu.
Using the MySafaricom App
You need to download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, register with your Safaricom number, and then use this approach. The steps are as follows:
- On your phone, launch the MySafaricom app.
- To access your active subscriptions, tap “Account” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “My Subscriptions” tab by navigating to it.
- You will notice many tabs for various subcategories of subscriptions, such as SMS, Data, Premium Services, Skiza, etc., in the page that follows.
- Any tab can be tapped to see if you have a subscription to the service.
- If your subscription is still active, you can cancel it right there.
You can check and cancel unwanted Safaricom subscriptions using one of three methods. Please be aware that Safaricom has the right to change these procedures at any moment. Therefore, if you require assistance, you must go to the Safaricom website or contact their customer service.
How to Stop Safaricom Subscriptions You Don’t Want in the Future
- Before signing up for any Safaricom service, thoroughly read the terms and conditions.
- Do not click on pop-ups or links that could trigger unintentional or automatic subscriptions.
- To keep track of your consumption and expenses, frequently check your airtime balance.
- Regularly review your active Safaricom subscriptions and cancel those you are not using or find amusing.
- Any pop-ups, links, texts, or calls that promise you free or discounted services should be avoided.