Netflix has ended its free plan which was offered to Kenyan viewers to sample its extensive library of films and television series over the last two years.
Starting yesterday, November 1, 2023, the free plan will no longer be available and the US entertainment firm was asking members to continue enjoying their favourite entertainment by upgrading to any of the paid plans available in Kenya..
Netflix recently slashed prices in Kenya by up to 37% to as low as KES. 200 and acquired a diverse range of content and value to its Kenyan subscribers with a great lineup of local and international entertainment including Squid Game: The Challenge, Rebel Moon, Anikulapo: The Series; Yoh’ Christmas alongside upcoming licensed Kenyan titles launching on the service between now and December, which include the series Volume; Siri (drama series), the drama film An Instant Dad and Villains in the Metropolis – a mystery and crime thriller.
How to Pay for Netflix:
We are excited to highlight a variety of convenient and accessible payment options for our Kenyan members, ensuring that more viewers can enjoy the endless entertainment opportunities Netflix has to offer. These include:-
- Credit and debit cards like Visa, Mastercard and American Express:: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards; cards must be enabled for recurring e-commerce transactions to work with Netflix.
- M-PESA Global: Kenyan viewers use M-PESA Global Pay, which offers a secure and hassle-free way to pay for their Netflix subscription. This virtual card is available to anyone with an M-PESA account and can be conveniently topped up through the M-PESA mobile money service.
Here’s how to do it:
- Dial *840# and accept the terms and conditions to opt in.
- Alternatively, on your M-Pesa App, select the “Pay” tab.
- Opt for “GlobalPay” and agree to the terms.
- Choose your card and enter your PIN.
- On your Netflix account, select “Pay.”
- Enter the credit card details from Global Pay and click on “Pay.”
- The subscription cost will be promptly deducted from your M-Pesa account.
- PayPal: Kenyan users can also use PayPal to subscribe to Netflix. Simply link your PayPal account to your Netflix profile and enjoy the convenience of automated payments.
Here’s how to do it:
- If you don’t already have one, create a PayPal account. For easy verification, the account must bear the same name as your M-Pesa account.
- Use the PayPal money service to link the PayPal account to your Deposit deposit into your Paypal account using the Pay Bill Number 800088 and your phone number as the Account Number.
- Log in to your Netflix account to set up a payment plan using the credit option form and select PayPal.
- Once completed, payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.