In a bid to empower small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria, Google has announced a significant financial boost of N75 million for 15 businesses that successfully graduated from the Google Hustle Academy. Alongside the monetary support, these businesses will receive mentorship and regular assistance from Google.
The Google Hustle Academy Journey
Launched in 2022, the Google Hustle Academy has been a beacon of opportunity for SMEs, offering them access to valuable business and management education, mentorship, and networking.
With a primary focus on enhancing the skills necessary for effectively presenting their businesses, the program aims to help these enterprises secure essential capital for advancing to the next stage of growth.
Financial Boost for Business Owners
The 15 businesses set to benefit from Google’s financial support include:
- Jelapetra Farms Ltd – Angela Jidechukwu Nwabueze
- A.A.K. Shoes – Aminu Abdulkarim
- Rotela Business Synergy – Anita Aletor
- Inyene Agro-processing factory Ltd – Blessing Akpan
- The Nut Place Limited – Chigozie Bashua
- Clozetsales – Chikere Onyinyechi Breakthrough
- Stance Fashion Empire – Constance Ufuoma Edesiri
- Ennie Wears – Eniola Robert
- Wauley Projects Limited – Femi Bolaji
- Segunfunmi foods Nigeria Limited – Funmilola Moronke Agbayewa
- Lead Way Family Poultry – Hussaini Aliyu Baba
- Rae’s Clothing – Ifeoma Augusta Anselem
- Kita Farm – John Samuel Andefiki
- Pinch N’ Dash – Nafisa Abdulrazaq Sabo
- Foodlane Ventures – Ojo Femi Christopher
Celebrating Resilience and Determination
Olumide Balogun, the Country Director for Google West Africa, praised the grit and determination exhibited by these SMEs. He acknowledged the transformative impact of the Hustle Academy in reshaping Nigeria’s business landscape.
“The passion and resilience shown by these SMBs are truly inspiring. The Hustle Academy is a testament to what focused training and resources can achieve. We are not just celebrating their graduation today; we are recognizing their potential to reshape and invigorate the Nigerian business landscape,” said Mr Balogun.
Milestone Achievements of the Hustle Academy
Google highlighted that over 5,300 SMEs graduated from the Hustle Academy this year, bringing the total number of graduates to more than 10,300 since the program’s inception.
The Google Hustle Academy is supported by USAID, the South African National Youth Development Agency, the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund, and the Kenyan Office of the Deputy President.
It continues to play a crucial role in fostering entrepreneurship and economic growth in the region.