Dubbed ‘Executing a Successful Fundraising Strategy’ will bring together: leading industry experts, investors and advisors from some of Europe and Africa’s top private equity firms, fund-of-fund managers and law firms to discuss the latest trends and best practice in: fundraising, fund marketing, due diligence and investor and media relations.
The forum is expected to take new mangers through fundraising strategy for successful investment in Africa.
Gail Mwamba, Editor of Private Equity Africa in a statement to TechMoran said: “We are delighted to be announcing our first ever conference which will provide fund managers with valuable insight into how to successfully raise an Africa fund. We are looking forward to bringing together some of the industry’s top experts to discuss the latest issues, trends and best practice.”
“Despite the opportunities that Africa offers as one of the great frontier markets, many fund managers find it difficult to raise funds for Africa, with over 200 managers looking to fundraise in excess of $5billion for Africa. The idea of the ‘Executing a Successful Fundraising Strategy’ forum was born out of the need to help first time managers map out a successful strategy.”
The conference will include a fundraising masterclass which will cover best practice in fund marketing regulations, compliance and reporting. The masterclass will be followed by a series of presentations and panel discussions led by industry specialists, analysis of LP allocation strategies and case studies from leading funds on how they have successfully raised money.
Speakers have been carefully been chosen either for their track records in establishing successful funds or for investing and advising on some of Africa’s largest funds.
Confirmed speakers include:
· James Moore, Co-Head Private Funds, UBS
· Marc Nahum, Director, Actis
· Dushy Sivanithy, Principal, Pantheon Ventures
· Laurent Demey, Managing Partner, Amethis
· Geetha Tharmaratnam, Director, Abraaj Group
· Alexander Wolf, Vice President, HarbourVest Partners
· Thomas Meyer, Director, LDS Partners
· Matthew Craig-Greene, Head of IR and Research, Pivot Partners
· Eve Ellis, Partner, Charles Russell
· Adrian Mayer, Partner, Charles Russell
· John Rowland, Managing Partner,White Lake
· Rajan Rosick, Client Services, Trident Fund Services
· Nick Lambert, Partner, Bell Pottinger