Seed Stars World (SSW) has announced 18 start ups to compete at the Nairobi round set for 3rd July 2014 at iHub.
SeedStars is a global StartUp Competition focusing on fast-growing markets and emerging start up scenes because of the tremendous amounts of untapped opportunities and passionate entrepreneurs waiting to be discovered. The Winner at the Nairobi round will represent Kenya during the worldwide Final Event in front of a worldwide jury and international media. The winning start up receives the prestigious denomination of Seedstars World Best Start up.
The Start Ups that have been shortlisted are:
- Chamasoft is a web and mobile application that allows investment groups to manage all their activities in one platform
- Sapama.com is a Real Estate Listing and Cloud-based Management platform
- TotoHealth enables hospitals and organizations to communicate and provides targeted information on antenatal & postnatal care using low-cost phones.
- Kejahunt is an online property listing platform using geo-location to offer easy, credible and convenient home searching experience
- The Devs makes it easy for software contractors to find the best software developers to hire from any specific location worldwide.
- BiGxGh is a Ghana music streaming platform which allows users to take their music with them on-the-go. Musicians can also monetize their art
- Able Wireless is an Open Neutral Distributed Wireless Mesh Network and Independent CDN that allows users to access affordable services
- OkHi is addressing emerging markets by creating an address book for everyone’s pocket
- Kili supplies computer and storage to companies focused on Africa. Local users see latency cut by 80% or more, leading to a better experience
- EnezaElimu aims build the biggest online educational resource center in East and Central Africa
- Startup Recruit proposes a shift from traditional employment to a ‘learn fast, grow fast’ Startup culture
- SokoNect is a multi platform that helps reduce farmers post harvest losses and maximize profits by eliminating Brokers.
- Zatiti is a tool that enables merchants to create mobile commerce websites.
- Qubit Tenacle SaaS is a Merchant Software that merges several payment channels in order to provide simplified accounting services to businesses
- StudySearch is a course matching service for Nigerians seeking education abroad and international universities recruiting in Nigeria
- Mafundi enables kenyans to hire expert technician services real time and promotes n professionalize technicians skills and work.
- Wallenje The evolved wallet. Wallenje is a mobile wallet with your cards, cash, coupons and vouchers for evolved shopping and transacting
- Study In Kenya connects students to institutions of higher learning in one place by allowing them to search, find and apply for courses of interest
THE JURY MEMBERS
During the event, the start ups have an opportunity to reach out to potential partners, B2B Clients, peer companies and potential acquirers.