It is the season for women in technology as TechWomen, a US based exchange programme is looking for tech and science women for their 2015 in-take.
The initiative is looking for them in the Middle East, Africa and more recently, Central Asia.
TechWomen is a three-year-old initiative of the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) which aims to empower and mentor skilled women in the science, technology, engineering and maths fields.
To qualify you must:
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Women committed to addressing concerns of global climate change and environmental issues are particularly encouraged to apply. They will have access to networks, resources and knowledge needed to help them reach their full potential.
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
The initiative culminates in a five-week programme where participants will be placed in leading companies of the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley, and participates in professional development workshops and networking events.
Semifinalists will be contacted via email for in-country interviews in April and May 2015. Final decisions will be made in May 2015. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
For more information and application visit: https://www.techwomen.org/participants/eligibility-and-application
You must be logged in to post a comment.