The Rise Fund is partnering with Forbes and Echoing Green to host the first-ever Under 30 Impact Challenge. The competition is open to creative entrepreneurs around the world, under the age of 30, who are driving positive social and environmental impact through successful for-profit enterprises.
The winning business will receive up to $500,000 in value and will be awarded at the fourth annual Forbes Under 30 Summit on October 2, 2017, in Boston.
To be eligible to participate in the competition, an applicant must be:
- An active entrepreneur who is under the age of 30 at the time of the competition (i.e., born after October 2, 1987) who is a founder, co-founder or top executive of their business with the authority to enter this competition on their business’ behalf.
- In the “growth phase” of its business, with either (a) at least 2 full 12-month periods of generating revenue above $100,000 in each period and/or (b) at least $1 million in cumulative revenue since inception.
- In a business that (a) creates a positive social and/or environmental impact as an inherent and intentional part of its core strategy and (b) operates in one or more of the following seven sectors: (1) education, (2) energy, (3) food and agriculture, (4) financial services, (5) growth infrastructure, (6) healthcare, or (7) technology, media, and telecommunications.
How to apply:
- The competition submission consists of an online questionnaire and additional requested information, as set forth on the submissions page located at: www.therisefund.com/under30impactchallenge. Follow the instructions on the submissions page to register for the competition and to view and complete the submission form.
- Submissions will be accepted from August 17, 2017 to September 6, 2017. Submissions will be reviewed by Forbes, The Rise Fund, and Echoing Green.
- Finalists will pitch their businesses to The Rise Fund and Echoing Green teams during the week of September 18, 2017, and a winner will be awarded by Cheryl L. Dorsey and Bill McGlashan at the Forbes Under 30 Summit on Monday, October 2, 2017.
The Rise Fund invests in companies that create positive impact at scale through their core business operations, such that financial success and meaningful social and environmental impact reinforce one another. Echoing Green catalyzes the impact of emerging social innovators, identifying leaders early in their career and investing in their success by providing seed funding, leadership development, hands-on support and networking opportunities during their fellowship and beyond.