Samsung and Apple have always held the top two spots in the world in terms of sales volume of their smartphones. Huawei has been third for a while. However, according to a new report, things started to change since the month of June.
A market research firm called CounterPoint released a report stating that Huawei’s sales have now passed those of the iPhone maker. Apparently, since the month of June followed by the one of July, Huawei has topped Apple and the verdict is that it will do the same on August. During this time, Samsung retained its top spot, a position it is very likely going to continue holding following the release of the Galaxy Note 8 and the Galaxy J7+ both touting dual cameras. Huawei also has a major release soon. On October 16, the new Mate 10 will get launched, it is said to bring a full screen bezel-less display. Apple’s next major launch is coming much sooner on September 12th, less than a week from now. It will be interesting to see how this launches will affect these top three spots.
The report also revealed the currently best selling smartphones globally. Find the list below
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- OPPO R11
- OPPO A57
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Apple iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
Some interesting observations
- Two OPPO devices are selling better than the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
- There are no Huawei devices in the top ten, despite it being the second best smartphone company in terms of sales volume globally.
- The midrange Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X is selling better than the high end versions from that company.
- Two year old Apple iPhone 6 still manages to end up in the top 10 which is quite impressive. The reduction of its selling price is the biggest contributor of achieving that feat.
- Two Samsung midrange devices are in the top ten and yet the J7 Prime doesn’t come with the attractive AMOLED display; it seems that a metallic build and a lower price sells more than display technology.