We all are aware of the working of Microsoft Outlook and the supported files (OST and PST). If your Outlook synchronized with Exchange server then you can easily access the OST file into Outlook. But, if Outlook is not synchronized with the Exchange server and configured with POP configuration. Then you can’t directly access ost file into Outlook. In this case, you have to convert OST to PST file and then access the PST file in Outlook.
Here in this blog post, I am going to explain the step by step guide to access the OST file into Outlook. In case of POP configuration (Without Exchange Server environment).
Steps to Access OST Files to Outlook
Now lest move to the main solution part for the query of how to access the OST file in Outlook. Basically, the solution is divided into two steps. Both the steps are mentioned in the below sections:
Step 1: – Convert OST to PST Format
Step 2: – Import the Output PST File into Outlook (All Versions)
Step 1: – Know How Can You Convert OST to PST Format Yourself
The OST file contains all your important emails along with attachments and inline images etc., attributes. So, it is highly recommended that use trusted and secure utility. For the same, here I am explaining steps to convert OST to PST format without data loss. Simply perform the steps listed below:
- Visit SysTools OST to PST Converter page and download the software.
- Launch the software on your Windows OS system
- Now Browse the OST file using software window
- Preview complete data into the software preview panel
- Click on the Export button from the menu bar of software, as highlighted in the image.
- Select the PST file extension and browse the location to save the file after conversion and click on the Export button.
- Now the software will start exporting OST to PST format. After completing the conversion process the software will show you a successful message in a new pop up window.
Here you have completed the first step. Now you have a PST file, which is created from the OST file which you want to access in Outlook. Now lest move step 2 and complete the process to access OST files in Outlook.
Step 2: – Import PST File (Generated in Step 1) into Microsoft Outlook
This is the final step for your question, how to access OST files in Outlook? Simply perform the steps listed below:
Perform for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, Versions
Perform the below-listed steps to complete the process of accession OST into Microsoft Outlook. You can apply the below-mentioned steps on Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 versions.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook on your computer system.
- Now click on the File tab from the Outlook menu bar.
- Here click on the Open & Export option and click on Open Outlook Data File.
- Navigate to the location where PST file saved, after that select the PST file and click on the OK button.
- Wait for a few minutes, the PST file will be imported into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, versions.
Perform for Outlook 2007 and 2003
The below-mentioned steps will help to access the PST file in Outlook 2007 and 2003 versions. Perform these steps from Outlook 2007 and 2003 versions only.
- Launch the Outlook on your Windows OS system
- Click on File >> Open >> Open Outlook Data file in a sequence.
- Now select the PST file and click on the OK button to complete the import process.
Note: – In this article, I have explained the easiest and secure way to access the OST file in Outlook.
You reached here at the conclusion part of the post, which means you have gone through the process to access the OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below versions. The methods explained above are trusted and experimentally tested on large data.