vivo has today launched the vivo S1 Pro in UAE with a likelihood of a virtual launch in Africa in days to come. Normally, device launches in Africa come immediately after UAE however, this time there are high uncertainties surrounding the market. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge bottleneck on the smartphone industry, especially on shipping and logistics which has caused delays. vivo is always exploring new ways to innovate and develop products that consumers love and enjoy and the S1 Pro is exactly that.
The device captures technological advances, such as the mainstreaming of AI, and electronic and optical image stabilization, among other innovations, which have led to the enhancement of lenses and applications to edit images, allowing manufacturers to greatly improve the quality of mobile photography.
Features, specifications of the Vivo S1 Pro
Selfies, selfies, selfies
The S1 Pro has new and improved features that will make it your most indispensable accessory.
The smartphone is equipped with a powerful 32MP front camera that allows you to find your unique style. With AI algorithms embedded in the software of the S1 Pro, you can capture selfies that are beyond your imagination:
- Pose Master features a number of different poses that guide you to take better selfies and group shots.
- AI Face Beauty allows you to sharpen your image by using the ultimate facial enhancement feature.
- AI Makeup enables you to look even more glam by enhancing your natural features instantly.
A new photography experience
The S1 Pro’s rear camera comprises a main 48MP camera supported by wide-angle, macro and bokeh cameras that can cater to almost every scene:
- 48MP AI Quad Camera ensures that you get professional-grade photos no matter where or what you are shooting. With a ½ inch sensor supported by a large f/1.8 aperture. The images are of high quality, precise and boast a clear resolution.
- 8MP Super Wide-Angle Camera allows you to broaden photography boundaries by 120 degrees. This means in addition to making natural landscapes easier to shoot, every smile in group photos will also be captured in intricate detail.
- 2MP Macro Camera reveals a brand-new world of tiny wonders. Get creative with the 4 cm focus lens that is also a great asset for your social media accounts.
- 2MP Bokeh Camera ensures top-quality photos with a sharper resolution through blending the out-of-focus or “blurry” background components and the more defined subject into one, well-composed shot.
The S1 Pro’s cameras take professional quality pictures, irrespective of the scene you are capturing. Letting you expect nothing less than stunning photos that record life’s most beautiful moments.
Vivo has provided 64GB and 128GB of internal storage options. Further, connectivity options on the Vivo S1 include Wi-Fi 2.4G + 5G, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, including a Micro-USB with USB OTG support.
The phone also houses an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, proximity sensor, virtual gyroscope, and in-display fingerprint sensor
Its also supported by an Android pie with funtouch OS 9. It also features a 4,500mAh fast charge battery.
It packs aa 6.38-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) Super AMOLED display with a waterdrop-style notch. Under the hood, the phone has the MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) SoC, coupled with 4GB and 6GB RAM options.
The Vivo S1 pro will cost approximately AED1,215 equivalent to 330 USD. The prices in Africa are likely to be slightly higher or on rare occasions the same.