Transfer of data in a business system is done through the digital medium. The security of the data is the primary focus in almost all of the organizations these days. In such a scenario, Cryptography is said to be playing a pivotal role in maintaining the safety of the transferred data. Cryptography is the method of protecting network resources against intended alteration, destruction, and unauthorized use.
It keeps the network system, IT assets, and confidential data secured. In a competitive business world, alteration, destruction, and data theft can be harmful and discomforting. So there is a requirement for cyber security experts and technicians who know Cryptography. Cyber Degree Hub provides details about on-campus and online Bachelor Programs in Cyber security.
What is Cryptography?
Crypt means “hidden” or “vault” and the graphy” stands for “writing.” Cryptography is a special way of protecting information and communications through the use of codes so that a particular group of people can read or process the data who have given access.
Cryptography is the process of conversion of the ordinary plain text into jumbled text and the vice-versa. It is the method of storing and the transmitting of data in a specified form which can be accessed or processed by the people for those it is directed. They can read and can process it. Cryptography protects the data from the theft and getting altered. It is also used for the user authentication.
Features of Cryptography
Types of Cryptography
1. Symmetric Key Cryptography: This encryption system involves where the sender and receiver of the message use the single common key to encrypt and to decrypt messages. The most popular and the common symmetric key system is the Data Encryption Systems (DES).
2. Hash Functions: Here, there will be no use of the key in this type of algorithm. The hash value of the fixed length will be calculated as per the plain text. It would make impossible for the hackers to recover the contents of the plain text. Hash functions are used in OS to encrypt passwords.
3. Asymmetric Key Cryptography: Here, pair of keys is used to encrypt and to decrypt information. The public key is used for the encryption whereas a private key is used for the decryption. The public key and Private Key are two distinct.
Basic Principles of Cryptography
To begin with, there is encryption which is defined as the process of converting data in the unreadable forms. The prime aim is to protect the data’s privacy while sending the data to the recipient. Once the recipient receives the file, they can decrypt the files, hence they can be turned into the original form. However, these cycles of encryption and decryption demands extra information, known as the key.
Secondly, there is authentication that ensures the messages were actually sent by the person who had to send the message or claimed the message. This is actually an essential part of cryptography that helps optimize the security standards, so you don’t accidentally open the wrong information.
Integrity is the third most important part of cryptography. With this being said, the process ensures that information or data was not altered
Major Aspects of Cryptography Study Programs
- Know the basic theories of cryptography and the general cryptanalysis
- Know the various concepts of the symmetric encryption and the authentication
- Know about the public-key encryption, and digital signatures, and key establishment.
- Having knowledge of general examples and uses of the cryptographic schemes, It includes the AES & RSA-OAEP, the Digital Signature Algorithm, and other keys.
- Establishing the protocol, and know-how and when is to apply them.
- Composing, and building, and analyzing easy cryptographic solutions
There are specialized courses on offer in the cybersecurity field. Cybersecurity is a technical degree program having multiple degree options, depending on your choice and career goals. Cyber Degree Hub offers top-notch details about the 2-year and 4-year cybersecurity programs. The students after completing their desired study programs can be absorbed into highly lucrative and skilled jobs.