Waiting for the water bill to be sent to you through your mailbox is the most wasteful way to do that.
Almost unavoidable delays can lead to late payments, resulting in expensive disconnections.
Here’s how to check the balance of water on your cell phone
1. Dial *888# on the phone
2. You will be led to a window with 7 options
3. Key in the dialog box ‘2’ to get your bill to ask
How to pay for your water bill through M-PESA or Airtel Money
1. First Pay Bill from the M-PESA menu
2. Second, enter the bill No. NWC12345; your personal NCWSC meter number is the last five digits.
3. Next, enter the amount you want to pay
4. Type the M-PESA PIN
5. Confirm details are right and click OK
6. After a few minutes, you will receive a confirmation message from M-PESA confirming your payment.
7. Replace the Company No with ‘Nairobi Bath’ for Airtel users
Below are the bill numbers of some of the major cities in Kenya.
- Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Payment of the bill: 895 500
- Kisumu Water Company Pay the following bill: 517 000
- Nakuru Water Payment bill number: 111 444
- Eldoret Water Payment of bill number: 511 000
- Nithi Water and Sanitation Payment of the bill: 901 325
- Kiambu Water Payment of the bill: 885 100