Failed connections can be annoying or even costly, and the “failed to get an IP address” error message that Android users sometimes get means just that. Few prime reasons that are responsible for endless IP address loop issues on Android devices. And these are the reasons:
- Failed Android Devices
- Black-list/whitelist settings in the mac address settings of the router
- Conflict of IP address
- Wireless interference
- Poor Wi-Fi signal
- Router glitch
- Changes to wireless security settings
How to Fix Obtaining IP Address Android Wi-Fi Problems
- Try to connect to your network
You can do this by following the following steps:
- Just go to Settings section;
- Tap Connections;
- Click the Wi-Fi button;
- Press and hold the selected Wi-Fi network, then choose Forget Network.
When the saved Wi-Fi network has been removed, simply connect to Wi-Fi again on your Android smartphone by entering your password.
- Restart a router or mobile device
To access the control panel, you should enter the IP of the router in the browser and restart it there. To restart your Android phone, hold the power button for a couple of seconds, and then choose Power Off.
- Turn the MAC filter off
To disable MAC filtering, log in to your router interface via a web browser and search for Disable/Enable MAC filtering or a similar section.
- Assign a static IP address to your device
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn on Wi-Fi if you don’t already have it.
Press and hold the Wi-Fi network for which you want to set the Static IP address, and then select Modify Network or Modify Network Configuration.
Tap and hold the Wi-Fi network for which you want to set the Static IP address, and then select Modify Network or Modify Network Configuration.
Confirm the Advanced Options checkbox and scroll to the bottom.
Set the IP Settings as Static now.
And in the IP Address field, set the IP of your choice but leave other variables untouched.
After this, tap Save button to save the changes.
- Change the name your Android device
Follow the steps give below to rename your device name:
- Open the Settings app
- Select the “About Phone” button.
- Tap the name of the device.
- Change the name to whatever you want, and choose “OK.”
- Try and re – connect to the router.