Unc0ver jailbreak hasn’t been out long, but already it is proving to be a major hit. Offering support for iOS 11 to iOS 14, it works on all 64-bit ARM A7 to A13 devices. Read on to find out what this popular jailbreak can offer.
How to Download Unc0ver Jailbreak:
There are two ways to get Unc0ver jailbreak on iPhone:
Method 1: Unc0ver IPA File
Using this method, you can easily install Unc0ver jailbreak directly on your device:
- Use iTunes or iCloud to back up your data – this is important, in case anything goes wrong or you want to restore your device at a later date
- Open Safari browser and go to the Unc0ver jailbreak page – download the jailbreak
- Follow the on-screen directions, and when you see the Unc0ver icon on your home page, the jailbreak is downloaded
- Open Settings and go to General > Profiles
- Tap on the Unc0ver profile and tap Trust
- Close Settings and tap the Unc0ver icon on your home page
- Tap the Jailbreak button
- Wait – when your device resprings, you should see Cydia on your home screen – the jailbreak is done
Method 2: Using AltStore
AltStore is a 3rd-party app store that offers some apps and an easy way of sideloading other apps, like the Unc0ver jailbreak. However, you should be aware that you need to use your computer for this and AltServer, a companion app to install the jailbreak. This requires your device to be physically connected to your computer or using iTunes Wi-Fi sync.
- Download AltStore onto your device following the linked instructions
- Download Uncover jailbreak using Safari browser
- Open the AltStore app on your iPhone and tap on My Apps
- Tap the plus (+) button at the top of the screen and tap on Uncover 5.3.1 – the jailbreak will begin installing
- When you see the Uncover icon on your home screen, the jailbreak is ready to use
What is Unc0ver Jailbreak?
It is the latest jailbreak utility and was developed by pwn20wnd to work on iOS 11 to iOS 14. So far, it has proven to be one of the most reliable of the recent jailbreaks and is packed with cool features. It supports all the devices listed below on iOS 11 through iOS 14.3 – if you don’t see your device, it doesn’t have support:
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Mini (2019)
- iPad Air (2019)
- iPhone X (only iOS 12)
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air 1
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
Unc0ver Jailbreak Features
Unc0ver jailbreak is packed with useful features and is regularly updated. Some of the features brought by recent updates include a choice of light and dark modes, all app settings being given a description that shows the system version and architecture supported, and what the setting does, and full support for the A12/A13 devices on iOS 13 or above.
Other features include:
- Being able to access your file system
- The ability to disable auto-updates
- The ability to dump APTickets
- You can enable get-task-allow
- You can export TFPO
- You can refresh the icon cache
- You can increase the memory limits
- You can install OpenSSH and unsigned IPA files
- You can load daemons and reload the system daemons
- You get hundreds of apps, tweaks, mods, and more
- You can disable app revokes
- You can overwrite Boot Notice
- You can restore RootFS
- You can reset the Cydia cache
- And you can reinstall Cydia
The Unc0ver jailbreak relies on Cydia substrate, the popular platform backing Cydia and allowing you to modify the code and software without physical access to the source code. Plus, the Cydia package manager is where you get all your tweaks, mods, apps, and more.
However, you should keep in mind that Unc0ver is semi-untethered, and this means, whenever you restart your device, you need to reactivate the jailbreak.
How To Remove Unc0ver Jailbreak:
If you need or want to remove Unc0ver from your device, there are two ways to do it. If you have no intentions of jailbreaking again, simply restore your device using iTunes. Alternatively, you can use the built-in RootFS feature:
- Launch Cydia and tap on the Installed tab.
- Delete each tweak, mod, app, etc. that you installed manually
- Now open Settings and toggle Refresh Icon Cache and Restore RootFS (Rec0ver)
- Go back to the main screen and tap Jailbreak or Rejailbreak
Now wait – this could take a while as your root filesystem is being restored. Leave your device alone, and do not reboot it. The RootFS message will show on your screen when it’s done; tap on OK, and the jailbreak is removed.
Unc0ver is definitely the best jailbreak we have right no,w so try it today and see what you think of it.