Farmshine is a worldwide platform for agricultural matters where farmers, vendors and purchasers can trade on mutually agreed terms. These terms are meant to favor everyone. Farmshine aims at providing the best market-based solutions for farmers. Kenya has over 8 Million smallholder farmers,40 Million in East Africa and 1 billion worldwide. Accessing fair-minded prices on the global market is a challenge to most of these farmers since they mostly live in rural areas and rarely go to markets. Agricultural buyers on the other side choose to merchandise with one vendor mostly avoiding having to deal with multiple sellers. Smallholder farmers are often the low-cost producers of a certain crop.
Farmers get advice and support through the entire growing season from the technical field agents from Farmshine. These agents assist the farmers aggregate crops for trade to large purchasers. The Farmshine platform links farmers with the knowledge, suppliers and service providers they require to minimize costs and the harvests maximized.
To improve the agricultural value chain, Farmshine provides:
- Farmers with the knowledge and contacts needed to get reach of the organic and high value crops as they can lead to large harvests.
- Market efficient platform which gets rid of numerous middlemen thus enabling low cost producers to link with the purchasers directly.
- Tracking of farmer’s production, developing both value chain and the transparency. Farmers also get a chance to access credit and markets.
- Advice is given to farmers where they can get cheaper prices on seeds as well as other inputs. They are also enlightened on small loans and insuring their crops.
Farmshine benefits in the following ways:
- A percentage of farm shine’s profits are set aside for improvement of rural communities. This is meant to help the marginalized people who earn little pay.
- Improving livelihood by providing a market which farmers earn the highest pay. Farmers profits are increased through higher contract prices for crops and increased production of crops.
- Farmshine focuses on improving farmer’s income and as well as ensuring that there is a sustainability of resources such as the land and water. Technical field agents assist farmers boost production of crops and practice of climate smart techniques meant specifically for agriculture.
You can get in touch with Farmshine via email at [email protected] or visit them at Westlands Plaza, Nairobi