With the rise in credit card fraud, it is critical to be aware of the various methods for blocking your credit card. When your card is lost or stolen, or when you discover a suspicious transaction on it, you need to block it.
Most banks offer common methods for blocking your credit card. You can either
- Contact customer service.
- Send an SMS message
- Utilize internet banking.
- Utilize a mobile app
- In-person, go to the bank’s branch.
How to block credit debit card on a mobile app
- Choose “Service Requests” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to “Card Management.”
- If you’re blocking a debit card, choose “Block & Replace Debit Card.”
- If you’re blocking a credit card, choose “Report Lost/Stolen Credit Card.”
- Enter “Reason for Blocking” and then select the card to be blocked.
Keep safe your bank accounts and all related documents. When you notice any problems, contact your bank first. Never give out bank documents to anyone.