Google Photos has a function called “Memories” that automatically curates and surfaces old photos. The unfortunate aspect of memories is that they aren’t always pleasant. Thankfully, Google Memories allows you to delete people—and even pets.
On your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet:
- open the Google Photos app.
- Then, in the top-right corner, press your profile button.
- From the menu, choose “Photos Settings.”
- Now go to the “Memories” portion of the menu.
- The choice we want is “Hide People & Pets,” which also allows you to hide unique dates.
- A list of people and pets will appear, some of whom you might have labeled. Tap on any of the “names” you want to remove from Memories. The crossed-out eye icon indicates that the individual or pet will be covered.
- When you’re done, tap the back arrow in the top-left corner. When you exit the menu, the changes are automatically saved.
It’s as easy as that!