How to download movies from Netflix to watch later.
Netflix allows you to download certain movies and shows to your smartphone or tablet and you can watch them later as per your convenience. Here’s what you need to do…
If you have plans to travel and have long commutes to deal with, most people usually prefer listening to music or watching something to kill the time. In moments like those, it is best if you can stream your music or your show of choice without requiring an internet connection since commute makes for spotty internet connection and you may not have access to WiFi.
It is best to keep things downloaded beforehand so as you can watch/listen without any interruptions. Most music streaming apps have the download option on the paid tier so you just need to ensure that you aren’t on the free version. For watching content, you can download shows/movies on Netflix.
Now, Netflix allows you to download certain shows and movies, not all of them. Also, you can only download movies/shows on your smartphone or your tablet via the Netflix app. This download option does not work for smart TVs, gaming consoles, or your computer.
– Go to the Netflix app and find the movie or show you want to download. Not all shows/movies have the option so you will have to check if what you want to watch has it or not before going ahead.
– If the show/movie can be downloaded, go to the details page.
– Tap on the download button. Once you do that, the downward-pointing arrow icon will change into a timer to indicate that the download process is on. The speed of the download depends on your current internet connection, of course.
– Once it is download, you will see the icon change to one that looks like a mobile device.
– Movies on Netflix can be downloaded at one go, but for shows, you have to download every episode individually. There is no option to download an entire season (yeah, we wish there was!).
Now, all Netflix content cannot be downloaded thanks to licensing issues. For titles you cannot download, you will have to watch them online. Also, your downloaded content is not going to be on your device forever, it is there for a limited time. You will need to ensure you watch this stuff soon before Netflix removes them. If that happens, you can just download them again following the same process. All your download content will be available under the Downloads tab on the app and you can access this without the internet.