It’s easy to build a decent e-commerce store, but it’s not easy to grow. To elevate an ecommerce site, you need an online store built on experience, know-how, and continual improvement over time. It’s the same as running a marathon: you need to prepare carefully so that you don’t run out of fuel in the middle of the race.
Online store design is one such preparation. Design trade-offs can have both immediate and long-term consequences. It doesn’t matter if you’re relying on an ecommerce store builder, market trends, or designing a store from scratch, you’ll always go through the website design phase. Sometimes you need to redo everything, and sometimes you need to do a little work on the color scheme.
A modern e-commerce website design is not only about a great user interface (UI), but also a good user experience (UX). Such a challenge goes far beyond artistic decoration and includes business goals and increased user satisfaction.
So how do you design an online store that engages customers and removes the barriers to your conversion funnel?
Whether it’s a website design, a mobile app, a landing page, or just a banner ad, web designers follow certain guidelines that create a user-friendly path to a product, target audience, and as part of your marketing plan. This article aims to explain these four basic principles.
There are some peculiarities for best ecommerce design. Here are some tips on how to make your e-commerce product more efficient.
Design features for e-Commerce
To place the buyer in trust, confirm trustworthiness:
- provide general information, address and details, show people working in the company, leave links on social networks;
- publish reviews and reviews on products, this will help buyers find out more information about the product;
- be attentive to details: avoid typos, broken links, missing images.
Place your shopping cart correctly:
- Place the trash can icon in the usual place: in the upper right corner so that the user does not have to search for it. Show the number of items in the cart next to the icon, it is even better if the amount of purchases is indicated;
- Give the opportunity to save products for later by adding them to your “favorites”. With https://fireart.studio/web-design-outsourcing-company/ it’s easy to carry out this option;
- Cross-sell. Place on the cart page blocks with products that may be of interest, for example, “people are buying with this product.”;
- Offer to buy more. This can be done by adding a reminder that you need to purchase goods for a certain amount before free shipping. Or the same reminder with a gift or discount when buying a certain amount;
- Make sure that you can easily change the quantity of an item or remove it from the cart;
- Tell the buyer the final cost. If there is a promo code, add the ability to enter it and find out the purchase amount, taking into account it. Include taxes and shipping;
- Provide as many payment and delivery options as possible so that the buyer can choose the most convenient one;
- Eliminate optional fields for filling, value the client’s time;
- Add the ability to purchase without registration;
- Leave the products from the basket in sight;
- Give an opportunity to leave a comment on the order;
- Add a gift wrapping option if it suits your merchandise.
To place the buyer in trust, prove reliability: post company information, shipping and return policies, reviews and testimonials. Avoid typos and mistakes.
Place the cart icon in the usual place, specify the shipping cost and the total cost, allow you to change the contents of the cart, use cross-sell in the cart and offer to buy more.
Make checkout and payment comfortable.