It’s about time we registered and applied for a national ID now that the Philippine Identification System Act (RA No. 11055) is in place. Fortunately, the procedure is simple. There are no costs associated with registering online.
For Filipinos, the national ID system acts as a central identifying platform. It is a form of identification that may be used in a variety of transactions in both the public and private sectors. You can use it as a primary ID when applying for a bank account, for example.
I’ll show you how to apply for your PhilSys National ID in this article. Let’s get started.
All Filipinos, whether they live in the Philippines or abroad, are eligible for the PhilSys National ID. There is no minimum age requirement, although individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian to the registration centers. Foreigners who have spent more than six months in the Philippines are also eligible to apply.
Online registration .
The first step is to go to register.philsys.gov.ph and register online. The online application process is rather simple.
Click Proceed at register.philsys.gov.ph.
To register, we recommend that you use your PH mobile number. An OTP will be delivered to your phone through SMS.
Accept the privacy notice and enter the OTP.
Complete the online form.
Make an appointment at the Registration Center closest to you. If no open slots are available, you can select to book later.
Take a screen shot of your appointment slip if a schedule is confirmed.
At this point, you can log out. Simply use the PH mobile phone you registered to check back in. You won’t need a password because you’ll be sent a new OTP.
Go to the Registration Center
The next step is to show up at your desired registration center on the designated date. Your information and supporting documents will be double-checked and validated there. They will also take a front-facing photograph and record your biometric information, such as your fingerprint and iris scans.
Documents of Primary Support
- Philippine Passport or ePassport issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card issued by GSIS or SSS (UMID)
- Student License Permit or Non-Professional/Professional Driver’s License granted by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- One (1) government-issued identification document with complete name, front-facing photograph, and signature or thumb mark AND a PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth
Documents that provide additional support
- License to Own or Possess Firearms (LTOPF) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance/ID
- Solo Parent’s ID
- PWD ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth/NSO-issued Certificate of Live Birth with Birth Reference Number (BreN)
- LCRO-issued Certificate of Live Birth
- PSA-issued Report of Birth
- PSA-issued Certificate of Foundling
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) Identification Card
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Philhealth ID
- Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA)-issued Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- National ID from other countries
- Residence ID from other countries
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- SSS ID
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) ID
Make sure you register for a PhilSys National ID and keep it safe. Visit the PhilSys official website for additional details.