Do you want to customize your Steam profile with your URL? Here are the steps you must take.
Steam is the most popular online gaming platform for PC players, with a large library of titles to choose from and a built-in social system that allows you to interact with your friends.
What Is a Steam Custom URL?
A Steam Custom URL is the URL that appears after the steampowered.com section of the web address when someone visits your profile page. People can visit your profile to make you a friend request, view your accomplishments, offer you a gift, or compare their profile to yours. You can even play together via the internet.
Because Steam lacks the unique display name feature found on other platforms, you may have the same display name as someone else. As a result, finding someone’s profile can be difficult because they often have the same display name as 20 or more other people. To get around this, custom URLs are beneficial since you can find the correct person you’re looking for by following a link with a custom URL.
Using the Website to Change Your Steam Custom URL
It’s simple to change your Steam custom URL via the website, and you can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to Steam by going to the website.
- Select View Profile from the dropdown menu after clicking on your display name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Edit Profile on the right-hand side of the screen, underneath your level.
- Type your preferred URL in the Custom URL field.
- Save by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
You are free to change your custom URL as often as you like.
Changing Your Steam Custom URL Via the App
You may also use the mobile app to change your Steam custom URL. To do this, you’ll need to have the app installed on your phone or tablet.
Follow these simple steps to modify your URL via the app:
- On the top-left of the app, tap the burger menu, then tap your display name at the top of that menu.
- Tap Edit Profile beneath your level.
- Put your preferred URL in the Custom URL field.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your page and tap Save.
You should have been able to change to your desired Steam custom URL by using these methods.
Keep in mind that you can change your Steam custom URL as often as you wish, but once you do, other users will be able to use the custom URL you removed.
You can customize your Steam profile a lot, and you can even change your display name if you want to.