While Apple has just announced its “new iPad”, Xiaomi follows suit by formalizing its new tablet. The Xiaomi Pad 5 is built around a large 11 ” WQHD + display with 120 Hz. The tablet is compatible with the home Smart Pen which offers 4,096 pressure points.
We find a 13 megapixel photo sensor at the back to immortalize moments of life or scan documents, not to mention an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies or videoconferences.
On the multimedia side, the Xiaomi Pad 5 tablet is compatible with Dolby Vision and HDR, not to mention an audio section led by four speakers, with the precious Dolby Atmos compatibility. The tablet is powered by a Snapdragon 860 processor from Qualcomm and powered by an 8,720 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Pad 5 Specifications
- Display: 11-inch display with 2560 x 1600 resolution
- Color: Cosmic Gray, Pearl White
- Dimensions: 254.69mm x 166.25mm x 6.85mm
- Rear Camera: 13MP
- Front camera: 8MP
- Audio: Quad speakers, Dolby Atmos®
- Performance: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 860, Qualcomm Kryo 485, Octa-core CPU up to 2.96 GHz, Adreno 640,7nm process technology
- Connectivity : WiFi Protocol 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0
- Charging: 8720 (typ) mAh battery,22.5W charger
- System: MIUI for Pad
- Storage: 6GB+128GB/6GB+256GB
Prices and availability
Available in two colors, namely Cosmic Gray and Pearl White. Here is a quick summary of its prices as marketed in Europe. Again remember the prices may vary in your countries of Origin.
- 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage 349 euros/Ksh 45,167
- 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage 399 euros/Ksh 51,638