Are you facing the Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 problem? Don’t worry we are here to help you out with many solutions.
Many times it happens that when you are printing any document from your computer, it happens that the printer will indicate that it is offline but may be for you it’s online. Don’t rush in this situation because it may be occurring because of some issues with the update of your Windows 10 and issue with the wireless connection error with your router.
Why does my Brother Printer show the Offline error on Windows 10?
We all have noticed, after the update of your Windows 10 your Brother printer will go to the offline mode. But maybe the driver or Windows 10 update is by no means the only reason for this problem.
The Brother Printer offline Windows 10 error generally shows up because of different technical issues. These issues can be with connection, print queue or something else. Brother printers will stop printing when these problems occur.
Some of the Most Common Reasons Leading To The Brother Printers Going Offline:
The Brother printer keeps going offline due to many reasons some of them are-
- It can be because of Paper jam error
- Another reason can be Ink toner blockage
- It may be because Printer is not set as default
- If there is an Error in the network connection between your computer and printer then also this error occurs.
- It can be Due to the print job stuck in queue
- Corrupted or outdated printer drivers are there.
- If the printer ‘use offline mode’ is selected, then too it shows the offline error.
- If the settings of the printer are wrong.
Brother printer offline reasons with the steps to resolve the issue
1.) Check the connectivity of your Brother Printer
Brother Printers may show you the offline issue when there is a connectivity issue in Windows 10 PC or with the Router or WiFi network.
In this case, you need to follow the given steps.
- You first have to restart the printer and then wait for a few minutes till the time your printer is ready.
- Then you have to check the connection of your printer whether it’s wireless or with USB.
- Now, if you have a connection with the USB cable then you need to verify that it is plugged in and is safe on the computer and the printer.
- Secondly, if you have a WiFi connection, you need to check whether the network with which you are connected is right. Now on your printer you will see a wireless light that will come up only if it is connected.
- After following the uper steps now you can take the test print.
2.) Brother printer is connected to the WiFi but it is offline on the Windows 10
You might have a proper connection with the wifi but still it shows offline, it may be because of some issue with the status of your Brother printer. It can be because the printer properties are wrongly set.
Follow the below steps to solve this issue.
- First step is to go to the control panel and from there open the windows of devices and the printers.
- Then in the next step select and click on the right of the Brother printer, when it’s open then check and see what it is printing.
- After that we again have to click right on the printer and press on the Set as the default printer.
- In the set as the default printer here you would be able to see the status of your printer whether it is offline or is paused.
- If it is paused then you just have to click on the resume printing.
- Finally, you can have a print test.
3.) Update your printer driver
It is possible that your printer’s driver is outdated or you have an update which you have to install to let your printer work smoothly.
For this you have to follow the given steps:
- In the first step you have to click start on your PC, then Open the Devices there and click on the option printer.
- After that you will see an ‘Add printer’ option, click on that. Then in the dialogue box you have to select the add a printer option and then choose your brother printer.
- Now from your drop down menu you have to select the printer port.
- If you want to install the drivers you can simply select and choose the CD that comes with your printer. You can also do this from the website itself.
- Now just select the printer option and install the drivers which are compatible with your device.
- In the last step, when your drivers will get installed just click on the option finish and then go for a test print.
4.) Fix your Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
You can also fix this brother printer’s offline issue by following this method. Just follow the below given steps-
- First you need to confirm that your brother printer is on or not and the screen is clear without having any error.
- You have to check that your brother’s printer is having a proper connection to the PC.
- Now check and after that confirm that your Brother Printer in the windows 10’s settings is placed as a default printer.
- Then from the option printer properties you just have to delete all of the printing jobs.
- If you find any kind of copy of the Brother printer’s icon (for eg:- the Brother XXX-XXXX ( Copy 1 ) in this you simply have to remove the device from your computer.
Tips which you should Avoid so that Brother Printer’s Offline issue will not appear in the Future
The Brother printer offline issue may come up again in future and if you want to avoid this issue you should follow our simple advice.
Here are the few things which you should keep in mind :-
- You have to keep cleaning your brother’s printer.
- Keep the power off your Printer when you are not using it.
- The cartridges should get changed frequently.
- Don’t burden your printer with lots of printing tasks, otherwise it will cause problems.
- Keep your Drivers up to the date.
- Also, always keep your Windows 10 updated.
FAQs (Frequently asked questions)
Q1. Why is my brother’s printer offline on Windows 10?
There are many reasons which can lead your Brother Printer offline. Some of them are :-
- When your brother printer is not placed as the default printer then it can lead the brother printer to an offline issue.
- Connection problems between the printer and the device can also lead to this issue.
- If your printer is getting too hot, or paper just stuck in it, or low ink level, these reasons can also affect the problem.
Q2. How to fix my brother’s printer offline?
There are many ways to fix my brother’s printer offline issue.
Some of the ways are:-
- Check the connectivity of your printer.
- Check whether the Brother printer is connected to the wifi or not.
- Update your printer driver.
Q3. How to turn on my brother’s printer online?
For the quick solution of this problem you can check the following things-
- Check if the connection mediums through which the printer is connected are proper.
- Check if the wires are plugged in properly.
- Brother’s printer is your default printer.
- Also check if there is any stuck paper.