Safaricom launched a new content-sharing platform called Baze earlier this year. Baze is a mobile-first, video-on-demand subscription service. It has a large selection of short-form videos in entertainment, music, news, and sports from local and regional producers.
How to register
All you need to use Baze by Safaricom is a browsing device such as a mobile phone, tablet, or PC. Users must then enter the USSD code *544*55# to access https://baze.co.ke/.
Follow these simple steps after logging in.
- Select the three green buttons labeled Then, skip all three overlays.
- Enter your cellphone number here.
- Following that, you will receive a message on your phone with the four-digit code (OTP).
- After you’ve received it, enter the four-digit code.
- You’ll now fill out the sign-up form, enter your username, and tell us where you live.
- Finally, click the check-in button, confirm that you have read and accepted the terms, and then click the green button.
- Users can then enjoy fun videos and other content on Baze after registering.
BAZE provides customers with low-cost subscription plans. Customers will be able to select between two subscription plans: an all-day pass for Ksh. 10 and an all-day pass with 200MB data for Ksh. 20.
BAZE also gives content creators a new platform to share their stories with Kenyans while increasing their earnings by monetizing their work.