The African Business Angels Network (ABAN) co-founded Catalytic Africa, and the AfriLabs platform will go live at the Afrilabs Annual Gathering on Thursday, October 28th, 2021.
Catalytic Africa is a matching fund with the goal of bolstering African companies, innovation hubs, and angel investors while also delivering impact results to institutional investors.
This is an open opportunity for African entrepreneurs, hubs, angel investors, and angel networks to fully register during November in anticipation for the December 2021 launch of matching fund applications.
Objectives of Catalytic Africa
- Increase the investment made by angel investors in African startups.
- Strengthen African angel networks and innovation hubs.
- Fund African startups with innovative digital solutions and measurable impact.
- Present reliable ecosystem data, insights, and impact reporting for all stakeholders
- To access Catalytic Africamatching fund, stakeholders must fulfil the following requirements:
- Startups selected to be eligible:
- Are at least at the MVP stage
- Are members of one of the hubs of the AfriLabs network (Being a member of a hub and having that hub being a member of AfriLabs, therefore, becomes much more valuable and provides extra guarantees on quality)
- Are willing to comply with the sector’s best practices regarding an environmental and social responsibility approach.
- Angel Networks selected to be eligible:
- Are full ABAN member angel network
- Angel Investors selected to be eligible:
- Are accredited members of an ABAN member angel network
How to apply
To apply for the Catalytic Africa matching fund, Startups, Hubs, Angel Investors and Angel networks should visit here.