In 60 second intervals, an infinite number of events occur all over various social media platforms on the web. The figures are enormous and attest to the Internet’s vastness as more than billions of Internet and mobile users are connected simultaneously, using a diverse range of platforms and applications.
As per a survey conducted by the All-access website, the company managed to create a graphic that depicts the entire usage of the Internet and the interactions that come from it every minute in 2021 in a way that will leave you speechless.
Starting with Facebook, the most used social media platform on the planet, the site recorded 1.4 million screen scrolls” scrolling.” each minute. On the other hand, the information provided by YouTube is particularly intriguing. Every minute, the site hosts more than 500 hours of material from users and artists all around the globe.
Facebook messenger, backed by WhatsApp, exchanges 69 million messages every minute. The WeChat app has also recorded 21.1 million messages sent every minute in 2021. Instagram stories have also recorded 695,000 Stories published every 60 seconds.
TikTok ends the year in celebration
This year Tiktok overtook Google to become the most visited domain. Every minute, over 5,000 videos are posted to the network. There were “only” 1,400 in every 60 seconds in 2020. Other information that piqued our interest. Minute by minute includes:
- 414,764 apps are downloaded from the Google Play Store and the App Store
- 197.6 million emails were sent up to this point in 2021 compared to 190 million in 2020
- 28,000 Netflix customers are connected at the same time to view one of the streaming service’s shows
- 3.4 million “snaps” are made in the Snapchat application
- There are 9,132 LinkedIn connections
- Two hundred thousand individuals “tweet.”
- More than 2 million Tinder swipes were recorded