The National Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (NCAIR) in partnership with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) offers a free 5-month intensive incubation program called Idea Hatch (iHatch).
The program was created to help Nigerian business owners improve their business ideas through a series of coaching sessions, lectures, and boot camps that would help them build scalable business models.
Objectives of the programme
- Support entrepreneurs that use creative commercial services and products to address social challenges.
- Create a model incubation program and expand it to other states in Nigeria.
- Strengthen the technological ecosystem by centering support on selected IT sectors.
- Establish connections between the startups and investors/corporations.
- Boost the number of successful businesses to improve employment rates.
Benefits of iHatch
- Collaborative offline/online Coaching for free
- Mentorship meetings with tech experts at NCAIR, Abuja free co-working environment
- Possibilities for networking
- Prospects of funding
Who is eligible to apply?
- Individuals/groups with a creative business strategy that includes a product or prototype that can help the Nigerian economy grow.
- Individuals or groups interested in forming a legal startup and starting a business in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older.
- Agritech, Fintech, Healthtech, and other industries are allowed to apply
The training will take place at Abuja’s National Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. Applicants’ personal information will be kept private and will not be shared with anybody outside the parties without their permission.
Entrepreneurs who are interested can apply here. The application deadline is Monday, January 31, 2022.