In this article, I’ll show you how to recover your password on a Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android device. So you won’t have to memorize anything or worry if you forget your password.
How To Find Wi-Fi Password On Windows
Navigate to your computer’s Control Panel and, under Network and Internet, click View Network Status and Tasks.
Click on your wireless network, then Wireless Properties >> Security, and finally check the box labeled Show Characters to reveal your current password.
How To Find Wi-Fi Password On Mac.
- To open Spotlight, press Command+Space and type Keychain Acess.
- Open it up.
- Look for your wireless network and double-click to open it.
- Tick the Show Password box. Enter your computer’s username and password, then click Allow to reveal your wireless password.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password on iOS
- Navigate to Settings >>Wi-Fi on your iPhone or iPad.
- Right next to your connected wi-fi, tap the I
- The IP address of your router will be displayed on the following screen under the IPv4 address. To copy, press, and hold it.
- Open any browser on your iPhone or iPad and enter the IP address of your router. Enter to bring up a login page, where you can enter your router’s login information.
Note: In most cases, the user ID and password for your router will be set to admin. You can try it and see if it works, but if it doesn’t, you can go to the company’s website to find out what the user ID and password combination is.
Furthermore, most routers have their log-in information listed at the back, which you can also check.
- Once logged in, all you have to do is find your router’s wireless security settings. Once you’ve found it, you’ll see the password for your wireless network.
There is one more way to find out your password on your iPhone or iPad. And you’ll need a Mac for that. You must first synchronize your WiFi password with an iCloud keychain, after which you can recollect your password by following the steps outlined above for Mac.
How to Use iCloud to Synchronize Your Wi-Fi Password
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, then tap the search bar and type the keychain.
- Open Keychain and turn it on. (Turn it on)
Now your passwords will be automatically synchronized across all of your Apple devices. As a result, you can use the Mac steps and instructions to recover your forgotten passwords.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Android.
- Navigate to Settings >> Wi-Fi. Open the Network Details window for the wifi network to which you are connected.
- Tap Share, then enter your phone passcode or biometric authentication to confirm your identity.
- Your wireless password will be displayed directly beneath the QR code.
Please keep in mind that this only works on Android devices running version 10 and up. To find your password if you have an Android version 9 or lower, you will need to root your device and install a third-party app.