If you no longer want to use a service to which you have subscribed, PayPal makes canceling your automatic membership payments simple. Here’s how to do it on your desktop using your PayPal account.
You have until the day before the next scheduled payment to cancel a membership. Also, even if you cancel your subscription, you must pay for the services you’ve received.
Stop Automatic Payments on PayPal
- First, open a web browser on your computer and go to the PayPal website to cancel your regular payments. Log in to your online account.
- Select the gear icon from PayPal’s top-right corner after logging in.
- Click “Payments” in the tab list at the top of the “Settings” page.
- Click “Manage Automatic Payments” under the “Automatic Payments” section.
- All of your recurring payment services are listed on the left sidebar under “Automatic Payments.” Choose the payment you want to stop from the drop-down menu.
- Your subscription information will be displayed in the right pane. Click the “Cancel” button here.
- A prompt will appear, asking whether you are certain you wish to cancel your automatic payment. Deactivate the “Quicker Checkout” option.
- PayPal will cancel your recurring payment for the chosen service, and you’re good to go.
- You can reactivate your subscription at any time in the future by visiting the service provider’s website. Alternatively, if you’re no longer using PayPal, you should remove your account.
NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY CANCEL PAYMENT SUBSCRIPTIONS FROM PAYPAL’S DESKTOP WEBSITE AS OF FEBRUARY 2022. THE PAYPAL MOBILE APP CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS.