Finally, WhatsApp has begun beta testing for its new feature, which will let users search specific messages by date within the chat box.
The person or group chat window will now allow users to scroll back to any conversation from any specific date. A limited number of iOS users who are using the WhatsApp beta are currently receiving the new feature from the Meta-owned platform.
A website that tracks all WhatsApp developments, WABetaInfo, was the first to report the ability to search for messages by date a few months ago. The most recent development is that WhatsApp has begun testing the feature. According to the report, the new function will give users the ability to quickly access a specific chat starting at a specific date using the option present in the chat search box.
With the most recent update to WhatsApp for iOS 18.104.22.168 on the TestFlight app, a feature that has been in development for a while—search by date—is finally being made available to some iOS beta testers. The feature for Android and the web beta versions of the instant messaging service is also anticipated to be released soon. Let’s look at the new feature’s functionality in the interim and see how it will enable users to look up specific chats from previous conversations.
How to search for messages by date in WhatsApp
A calendar icon may appear in the search bar if you’ve signed up for WhatsApp for iOS beta. The chat window itself will have the new date-based search option enabled. To find a specific chat.
- Open any personal or group chat.
- In the search window tap on the new calendar icon.
- Now select the date you want to jump back.
- Once you are scrolled back to the last conversation you can easily find the messages you were looking for.
- You can also jump back to the first message to send to your contact or in the group. Just select the date and you’ll travel back to the past conversation in WhatsApp.
Interestingly enough, not every iOS beta user has the newest update. The app will, however, be made available to more users over the next few days by WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has also introduced a new feature that enables users to forward media with captions to everyone else. Now, users can send any image, video, gif, or another piece of media along with its captions. Users can still forward media without a caption by tapping on the dismiss button and WhatsApp has left the feature unlocked.
To forward media with caption-
- Tap and select the photo or video you want to forward.
- Now tap on the forward button arrow. Your photo will be selected along with the caption. Here you can tap on the cross button on the side of the media if you want to dismiss the caption.
- Select the contact and forward your media.