At times you may not be prepared for a power blackout. Safaricom Limited and Kenya Power, however, have a quick service that can come to the rescue. A Safaricom subscriber can use Okoa Stima in the ways listed below to prevent KPLC from disconnecting their power:
It is a service that gives prepaid and postpay customers a momentary, efficient answer to all of their power requirements.
- Opening an account
- Payment of electricity bills
- Buying tokens
- Electricity bill quarries
- Access to emergency power top-up
Only Safaricom customers have access to this service.
- Meters that are not registered are ineligible.
- Up to three meters may be registered for pre-paid and post-paid accounts.
- The loan limit is determined by the previous relations with Kenya Power.
- Okoa Stima offers loans with a minimum of Kshs 100 and a maximum of Kshs 2,000.
10% interest is charged on the loans. Additionally, the loan is offered via Mpesa and is valid for 7 days.
A top-up amount and a facility fee will be deducted from your Mpesa account. Your phone will get the requested amount as a token for prepaid accounts. The bill is paid in the case of a post-paid account.
How to Register for Okoa Stima
- Dial *885# using your Safaricom line.
- Read and comprehend the conditions, then accept them if you concur.
- Give your national identification number.
- Set the pin.
- Once you have received the confirmation message, carry on.
- Put the pin number in.
- Select “Register Now” under register meter/account.
- Type the account type in. Pre-paid or post-paid are both options.
- After verifying that the information is accurate, enter the Kenya Power account number and submit the form.
Steps to Follow to Okoa Stima
- Follow the instructions after pressing *885#. Input Pin.
- Then click “Okoa Stima” after selecting the desired choice.
- Enter the meter number after selecting the “Request emergency top-up option”.
- Choose the amount set and press okay.
You may easily download the Okoa Stima app from the Play Store and avoid all of this hassle.