Get an NTSA Account
- Open the NTSA web site using this NTSA Citizens Self-Service site in a browser to be able to submit an application for a driving instructor license.
- First-time visitors to the NTSA portal will need to create an account on TIMS; clicking the “Register” link will take them to the e-Register an Account page. Individuals, Dealers, Agents, Financial Institutions, Companies, and Driving Schools can all register on the platform from this page.
- To finish registering, enter one detail and follow the instructions.
- The ID Serial Number of applicants who are Kenyan citizens on their own will be requested. Do not include your ID number as that is not what is needed.
- The serial number from the applicant’s old ID card must be used if they have changed their ID within the last two years. (If the system rejects any of your information, it is advisable that you go to an NTSA office.)
- Type in your KRA PIN number. Add the maiden name of your mother. Include a phone number or email address and your profession.
- Before pressing the “Submit” button to move on to the next phase, applicants who are submitting as aliens must fill in their Alien ID serial number, passport date of issue, KRA PIN, and other essential details.
- A valid certificate of formation, company KRA PIN, and the name of the applicant’s company must be typed in by applicants applying as companies.
- When you click the “Verify Mobile/Email Address” button, you can ask for a verification code. To complete the verification procedure, enter the code you receive on your phone or email address in the verification tab.
- Verify the accuracy of all the information, then press the “Submit” button to finish the registration.
- The candidate will receive both an email and an SMS with their account and password.
- Your account has been created on the TIMS platform.
Access the NTSA account.
- Open the NTSA web site using this NTSA Citizens Self-Service site after successfully enrolling with the TIMS Platform.
- To select your login method, click on Username, ID Number, Alien ID Number, or Certificate of Incorporation.
- Enter the password and user name.
- On the “Get Code” button, click. Your mobile phone will receive a security code. To sign in to your account, enter the security code and click the Sign In button.
Submit your application for a license to teach driving.
- After logging in, pick “Apply for Driving Instructor License” from the drop-down menu under the “Driving license” option on the menu bar.
- This will prompt the Driving Instructor License application form to be displayed, fill all the mandatory fields accurately, upload copy of a scanned copy of all supporting documentation as listed on the site and confirm those fields that are already pre-filled.
- To move to the payment page after completing the application form, click the “Next button.”
Make a payment.
- The applicant must continue with the payment process after the licensing fee and convenience fees have been revealed.
- Select the convenient payment option for you. Payments may be made through a bank or another payment channel, such as online mobile banking (Mpesa).
- Once you’ve completed the payment, finish the transaction by following the steps. Print out the payment invoice, please.
- Clicking “Submit” at the end of the process sends the application to NTSA for processing.
- A notification will be sent via SMS once the driving instructor license is available for pickup, thus one should wait for approval online.
Pick up the Driving Instructor License by going to the NTSA office.
- Visit the NTSA offices as instructed on the notification message as soon as you receive it, along with your ID card and invoice printout. The applicants will receive the Driving Instructor License when the NTSA officials have verified their documentation.
How to check the progress of your application
- Use this NTSA Citizens Self-Service Portal to launch the NTSA web portal in a browser.
- If you’re a new user, you may either register a new NTSA TIMS account or log in by entering your identity information and password.
- After logging in successfully, go to the dashboard and select “Driving License” from the menu.
- This will cause all applications that have been filed to be shown, allowing you to see the status of any recent applications you have made.
- Valid identification document (ID card for citizens or Passport for foreigners)
- Valid driving license
- Recent clear passport photo
- Valid certificate of good conduct obtained from Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
- Ordinary level certificate of education.
- Subject matter and classes will vary greatly depending on your state, but will include both classroom work and driving course work.
- An abstract of the driving record (if from out-of-province)
- Medical referral forms completed by a duly qualified medical practitioner
- Vision referral form completed by a duly qualified ophthalmologist or optometrist (if necessary)operator’s license for inspection.
- Such other documents supporting character, experience, or qualifications upon request by the Authority
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants in order to be eligible;
- Applicant must be 25 years and above
- He/ she must have under gone training for instructors.
- Must have experience of five years with the class of vehicles you want to instruct.
- Anyone applying for a driving instructor’s license must pass a vision test.
- You will be required to pass a physical – and possibly a mental health – screening before becoming eligible.
- Hold a current Kenya driver Licence
- Be physically and mentally competent
- Have an acceptable driving record
- Not have been convicted of a criminal offence in the last (5) years.
The NTSA application portal will provide information on the entire licensing charge.
The driving instructor license’s expiration date must be specified on the document, and it must stay valid for the specified period of time unless it is suspended, revoked, or cancelled by the appropriate legal body.
It is recommended that license holders for driving instructors renew their permits at least one month before their present permits expire.