Sunday, June 16, 2024
No menu items!
Ad

Top 5 This Week

bama cap

Related Posts

Samsung Will Not Put Up Manufacturing Plant For Zimbabwe

- Ad-
Share this

samsung

It is known by now, that Samsung wants Africa to be a Samsung continent. The Korean company has a wide- reaching strategy for this particular market but the company has confirmed that they have no plans to build a manufacturing plant in Zimbabwe.

The official distributor for Samsung products, Line Products & Services (LPS), explained that Samsung has a healthy supply chain in the country, and for that reason, it would not be feasible right now to create a manufacturing plant.

- Ad -

Line Products & Services have a variety of products on the portfolio that include solar-powered internet schools, smart school solutions, solar-powered health centres, print solutions, security and monitoring control solutions and hospitality display solutions.

“With the variety of products and solutions that we have to offer, it is premature to establish a manufacturing plant in Zimbabwe,” Samsung said.

- Ad-

However, in the event that Samsung does want to press ahead with a manufacturing plant, the company has already agreed on terms with LPS. According to a recent agreement signed by both parties, LPS has agreed to invest 40 percent for a manufacturing plant, while Samsung would invest the remaining 60 percent for the project which could cost as much as $3 million.

According to Zimbabwe’s The Herald, “LPS said Samsung would, however, set up a technical workshop in the future to enable service back-up and promote the creation of jobs and expertise for local technicians.”

Share this
- Ad -
Caroline Vutagwa
Caroline Vutagwahttps://my.techmoran.com
Minding my own business is not enough for me that's why you will always find me minding Africa's Businesses as well as Technology and of course letting you know about it. Talk to me on [email protected]

Popular Articles