Deloitte has launched its African challenge dubbed Deloitte Technology Fast50 Africa Programme competition, aiming to acknowledge and award African technology companies that have made strides business-wise in the past five years.
“We at Deloitte want to reward companies who have achieved the status of high growth leaders because they have demonstrated innovative strategies, sound management and marketplace vision,” says Kamal Ramsingh, Technology Leader, Africa at Deloitte.
According to Deloitte, any company that is run by African citizens or has Africans citizens as majority and has operating revenues of at least $70,000 and current year operating of at least $500,000 is qualified for this competition.
As a requirement, participating companies must be headquartered in the continent. They must also have been in operation for a minimum of five years.
It must be a technology company that:
· Develops or owns proprietary technology that contributes to a significant portion of the company’s operating revenues; or
· Manufactures a technology-related product; or
· Devotes a high percentage of effort to research and development of technology.
· Uses global or local technology to build an innovative and sustainable technology business.
The company may be public or private, operating in the technology industry segments including:
· Biotech/Pharmaceutical/Medical Equipment
· Media and Entertainment
· Green tech
Winners of the Deloitte Technology Fast50 Africa are eligible for the Deloitte Technology Fast50 EMEA, which ranks the fastest growing technology companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.