Windows Phone 8.1 can now download and use Fitbit, a fitness tracker that enables you to stay active, live better, and reach your goals.
Unveiled with Cortana integration, Fitbit tracks your activity, diet, body and sleep to help you reach your fitness goals. The app monitors your fitness progress, and provides feedback on your progress towards daily and long-term goals. Exclusively on Windows Phone 8.1, Fitbit integrates with your digital personal assistant, Cortana, to make tracking activity and food a snap. By speaking to Cortana, users can simply say what they did—like, “Fitbit, I had a coffee with breakfast”—and quickly log it in the app.
The update incorporates two more new features, Challenges and MobileTrack. Challenges allows users to compete with up to 10 friends and family members to beat goals in daily or weekly competitions for motivation and fun. With MobileTrack, Windows Phone users without a Fitbit band can still get in on the action. Mobile devices with MobileTrack use Microsoft’s Motion Data to track steps directly from the device. The Fitbit app for Windows Phone is globally available for Windows Phone in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
The new Fitbit app for Windows Phone 8.1 also features Live Tiles to allow users track their steps and their daily goals minus opening the Fitbit app. Apart from real-time stat syncing, users can also quickly log fitness and nutrition data and set or manage personal goals directly from the app.
Here is the full list of features of the new Windows app:
- Real-time stats: Automatic and wireless syncing for all Fitbit activity and sleep trackers through Bluetooth 4.0
- Fitbit on your Start screen: Pin the Fitbit Live Tile to your Start screen and quickly view your step count
- Stay on track: Real-time and historical stats in easy-to-understand graphs, to help track progress and set goals
- Log more than activity: Recently enhanced food database of more than 350,000 foods with accurate nutritional data for faster, better food-logging and calorie coaching
- Get motivated: Fitbit’s motivational social tools like notifications and badges, to help reach target goals
- Stay social: Ability to challenge friends and family with leaderboards, direct messages, cheers and taunts