BlackBerry devices have a history of having end-to-end security and inaccessibility by any intruders or hackers to the jealous of other industry experts.
Now, using its BES12™: a cross-platform EMM solution, BlackBerry will secure Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets that are embedded with Samsung KNOX.
“BlackBerry and Samsung’s creation of an integrated enterprise solution for Android makes sense,” said Bloomberg Head of Enterprise Mobility, Chris Behringer. “Security is a top priority for us, and this combined offering provides a new versatile option to the marketplace.”
With KNOX, Samsung has created a set of Android devices capable of safeguarding enterprise data with multiple layers of hardware- and software- based protection. BlackBerry brings to the partnership a class-leading cross-platform enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution and a highly secure network infrastructure. Working together, the companies can now offer enterprises with a new and highly secure mobility option.
“We share the goal to provide enterprises with the most secure mobility solutions through this partnership with BlackBerry,” said Injong Rhee, Senior Vice President of KNOX Business Group, Samsung Electronics. “Samsung KNOX is focused on delivering secure mobility solutions to enterprises and, combined with BES12, we will offer more options for customers that need enhanced levels of security on Android devices.”
“BlackBerry has developed a very close partnership with Samsung and we’re committed to deepening the interaction between our engineering and product development teams for the long-term,” said John Sims, President of Global Enterprise Services, BlackBerry. “It is a natural progression in our path to providing our customers with more alternatives to meet their evolving mobile needs. Samsung KNOX offers a number of hardware and software security features and our partnership allows us to tightly integrate these capabilities with BES12.”
With BES12 and Samsung KNOX, customers can take advantage of the following benefits:
- An integrated solution that brings together the secure connectivity and class-leading device, applications and data management capabilities BlackBerry is known for together with the security features embedded in Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Android security enhancements that reduce threats that bypass application security mechanisms while minimizing damage from flawed applications.
- Complete separation of business and personal data for uncompromised corporate security and employee privacy.
- A series of core security enhancements to better protect device integrity from kernel to apps.
- Enhanced user experience Workspace for a more flexible approach for enterprise deployment.
Availability is expected in early 2015. Samsung will resell BES12 to joint customers and BlackBerry will offer KNOX support as part of the Gold family of BES12 subscriptions. Pricing will be announced upon availability.
The ability to manage Samsung Galaxy devices with KNOX embedded is just one of the many features included in BES12.