Huwaei has unveiled two new smartphone into the market, the Ascend Mate 7 and the Ascend G7. This phones begin rolling out in the African market beginning next year.
The Ascend Mate 7:
- It has a 6 inch screen, It is 7.9mm thin and is ergonomically curved, made of aluminum alloy and weighs 185g
- Single SIM model is offered with 2Gb RAM and 16Gb of on-board memory in either moonlight silver or obsidian black.
- The premium, 3Gb RAM with 32Gb memory is a Dual SIM device that is available in amber gold.
- The phone features single-touch fingerprint technology that combines with Huawei’s next evolution of EMUI 3.0 user interface. It also offers LTE connectivity.
The Ascend G7:
- It has as 5.5 inch screen and is an addition to the company’s G series and weighs 165g
- In terms of Memory, the phone comes with 16 GB on-board memory and 2GB of RAM and comes in black and white colors.
“These devices symbolize our continuous commitment to provide customers with access to premium quality products which won’t break the bank,” says Yudi Rambaran, director: Product Marketing at Huawei Consumer Business Unit – South Africa.
The Ascend Mate7 will be retailing at a recommended price of between R7 000($623) and R9 000($800), with pricing for the Dual SIM is still to be announced. As for the Ascend G7 LTE the single SIM handset will retail at a price of between R4 000($356) and R5 000($445).
The release of these two new smartphone models follows the popular pink Huawei Ascend P7 LTE Smartphone, which is available in-store now for around R6699($596).