All it takes is a simple hacking of the Safaricom Ksh250 deal.
Showmax, a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) platform run by South Africa’s giant firm Naspers, offers subscribers the opportunity to get three months of the service for only Ksh250. That’s significantly cheaper than any competitors in the SVOD space, including Netflix, Amazon Prime and iFlix, and is a saving of Ksh2 390.
The Ksh250 deal only applies to payments made through M-Pesa, Safaricom’s payments service frequently used by mobile-savvy Kenyans.
Do this four times, and you’ll have bought Showmax for a year for only Ksh 1000.
All Showmax subscribers have to do to get three months of Showmax for Ksh250 (instead of the regular price of Ksh2 640) is follow the steps below.
- Make payment via M-Pesa to the Showmax paybill number 852552.
- Verify that you’ve successfully bought your three months of Showmax by checking your subscription expiry date via “my account” under your profile and then “manage subscription.”
Read more here.
How to get a whole year of Showmax for Ksh1 000
It’s simple. Cash in on the Ksh 250 deal above four times in a row, right now, and you’ll have covered your family’s at home and on-the-go entertainment for the whole of the next year. And all you’ll have spent is Ksh1 000.
Easy, right? Sharing is caring, so let your friends in on this secret for instant popularity points.
Not a Showmax subscriber? Here’s why you should be.
If the ridiculously low price isn’t enough to convince you to become a Showmax subscriber, here are three reasons that might.
- Exclusive content: Showmax is the only place you can watch Mr Robot Season 3 and South Park Season 21 express from the US. It’s also the place you’ll see hit series like rom-com Younger, MMA drama Kingdom, TUT, the British miniseries about the boy-pharaoh, super-scary anthology series Channel Zero, and more.
- Boxsets of your favourite series: From Seasons 1 to 7 of Game of Thrones to the full series of Friends, Sex and the City, Girls and the Sopranos, not to mention loads more HBO content, Showmax is the home of the best international shows.
- Local content: This is what makes Showmax truly unique. Their focus on local shows means you’ll see all your best loved homegrown series and movies on the platform, from Auntie Boss and House of Lungula to Kati Kati and Mr and Mrs Singh.
And you get all this for a year for only Ksh1 000. It might sound too good to be true, but for once, it isn’t. The deal is sure to expire soon, so make your four Ksh250 M-Pesa payments for a year’s worth of Showmax asap.