They say ‘human is to error’ and sometimes your data is on the receiving end of this error. Many people have found themselves in a situation that results in losing data that was important to you. It may happen on SD card drives or in the hard drive of your laptop. When this happens, stay at ease and grab yourself one of these two solutions from Yodot namely; Yodot Photo Recovery software and Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software.
In this post, we will focus on Yodot Photo Recovery software, don’t let the name fool you, the tool deals with all media files hence can also act as the ultimate SD card video recovery software for its ability to work with AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, RM and other video file formats . It can also handle different types of cards such as SDHC card, SDXC card, CF card, XD card, MMC and Memory sticks. There are several ways that data in an SD card can get lost or deleted.
- Improperly removing an SD card during the process of file transfer.
- Malware or virus obtained through downloading data from malicious websites or through Bluetooth transfers can lead to corruption of your data.
- Wrongly using the SD card in different devices which run on different operating systems can lead to file deletion.
- Finally, deletion can be caused by false operations.
TIP: When your data gets deleted from an SD Card, you are advised to not use the card until you are ready to perform data recovery. This is because, using the card will lead to overwriting of deleted data sectors with new data which effectively makes recovery much more complex.
When any of these scenarios happen to your card, it is best to immediately get yourself a good SD card video recovery software. We recommend Yodot Photo Recovery software due to its friendly interface, its ability to perform deep scans on your SD card and listing of all the recoverable data for you to choose the one’s your desire to restore.
Here are the steps of getting started and restoring videos and other media files using Windows OS. The software is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
- Connect your SD card to a computer which does not have any malware infections
- Download, install and run Yodot Photo Recovery
- Once opened, click on “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to retrieve deleted video clips
- The software will scan all logical and external drives, choose your desired SD card and click “Next”
- On the Next screen, choose the file type you want to recover and in case you want all file types, simply click on “Skip”
- The tool will start scanning again and will shows all the recovered files from your SD card
- From here, you can select the files you want to recover and click on “Next”
- Finally, save those restored files to your destination location of choice, but not on the same SD card.
In order to protect yourself from future data deletions, there are a couple of suggestions you can apply
- Avoid ejecting your SD card during the process of file transfer
- Scan your SD cards for virus to avoid data loss due to malware attack.
In the mean time, go and grab yourself Yodot Photo Recovery and recover those SD card files, or in case you are wondering how to recover files from formatted laptop, go and check out Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software.