Every end of month, most employees require physical copies of their payslips for various reasons including loan applications. While some employees get their emails directly from work or sent to their emails, others have to access them from online platforms. The GHRIS portal allows different kinds of civil servants to access and download their payslips and other documents (P9 forms) online. Here is a guideline on how to access your GHRIS payslip.
In order to get your online GHRIS payslip you will need to meet the following requirements
- Be a civil servant
- Have a GHRIS account
- Have a personal number
- Have a GHRIS account password
- Working internet connection.
Steps to follow
- Go to your phone or computer’s browser and type https://www.ghris.go.ke on the address bar. For the best results, use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. This will take you to the home page of the GHRIS website. Take this time to familiarize yourself for a better experience next time.
Sometimes the browser will send you a warning message that says the connection is not private. When this happens, do not close the tab and try again. Instead, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Advanced’ button. Then click to the ‘proceed to www.ghris.go.ke.’ option.
- On the top left hand side of the home page, choose the tab ‘Government of Kenya Employees click to log in.’
- The new page will have two boxes to fill. This will be your personal number and password. Fill in accordingly and click the ‘log in’ button.
- This will take you to your personal page on GHRIS. It will have different tabs for different options.
- Click on the ‘My records’ tab and wait for the drop down menu.
- Scroll through to the ‘My payslip’ option and click on it.
- A list of all your available payslips from current to least current will appear on the far left side of the page.
- Click on the payslip you want and wait for the new page to load.
- If you choose your current payslip, the new page will come with the month and year automatically selected. However, if you chose a previous payslip, you will have to input the month of the payslip you want. Once you are sure, click the ‘view payslip’ option.
- This will take you to a new page where your payslip and all the details therein will appear.
- If you want to print the payslip, simply click on the ‘print payslip’ option. Make sure to set up your computer and printer properly for a successful print up.
Your payslip is very delicate and private. You should therefore not give your personal number or password to anyone. You should also make sure to log out your information from a public device. Otherwise, malicious individuals can use your payslip for harmful activities including identity theft, carrying out unauthorized transactions and even blackmail.