There has been a lot of buzzes around in the development domain regarding the adoption, integration, and deployment of mobile DevOps practices. These not only help us manage our resources more efficiently and effectively but also have the potential to make a detrimental difference in the operations, development, and services offered by any company or organization.
The development world is advancing very fast. Everyone working in this domain tries to embrace modern technologies, tools, and development frameworks such as agile software development and services as soon as they feel relevant to stay updated in the ever-changing industry.
Now let us discuss what DevOps is.
When a company or stakeholders discuss a common business goal for a specific client, they discuss all the development processes, people involved in the project, and what technologies to work on. Now to manage this collaborative pipeline, we need a streamlined, effective, and collaborative approach across different software development departments and institutions. This can plug loopholes such as time constraints, client satisfaction, and unreported work and make software development a smooth and efficient approach.
Why should you adopt mobile DevOps Services:
- It brings everyone from developers to clients and stakeholders on a common platform also known as DevOps lifecycle where they can discuss new approaches, build and design new platforms and services for the end consumers with an active link to each other.
- The distribution of responsibilities among all the developers and teams of engineering can be done easily with regular updates and progress of projects that can be discussed every day.
- A continuous workflow ecosystem can be created for developers where they can discuss their bug reports and other problems.
- For larger enterprises, this can increase the quantity of their software delivery, problem-solving approach, creates an ideal environment for larger deployments, higher retention and engagement of employees, and most importantly, better customer support.
Mobile DevOps Management,
- Planning: The process includes planning to bring all developers, testers, and business analysis under one roof.
- Integration: Integration of services includes error-free practices and version control.
- Testing: Testing is one of the most important parts of software development and is used to ensure the quality of the product delivered.
- Monitoring: Application monitoring reveals the hidden problems that could seriously threaten the program in the long run.
- Delivery: Delivery of the final product should always be on time, and DevOps can be a beneficial tool to streamline your development cycle.
- Development: A continuous delivery cycle can only be achieved by a continuous development cycle and hence is an important part of the complete software development journey.
Adopting Mobile DevOps Processes
These are the steps you should follow while adopting DevOps.
- Quality: Soon after the deployment of your services, there should be a proper feedback procedure in place to address all concerns of the user. It is an essential step to address quality issues.
- Integration and delivery: The integration of all documents, services, codes, and other files must be managed well. Syncing of all documents and codes should be done to have faster information retrieval. Different projects should be isolated from each other. The changes in one should not affect the other.
- Testing and monitoring: A set of effective automation tools can be used to test applications before being released in the public domain. Monitoring of applications reveals the hidden problems that could seriously threaten the program in the long run and can help us to strengthen our relations with our client because of a stable and efficient application that remains relevant for years to come.
Possible challenges and problems in adoption
- Implementation of DevOps can be challenging initially as everyone on the platform has to learn a new progress sharing framework.
- Multiple platforms specifications have to be adhered to such as Google Play Store, App Store before releasing their apps on these platforms.
- A new app update can not be installed automatically on the user machine or smartphone but can only be updated by the user itself. Hence it poses a potential challenge to run many versions of the app simultaneously without creeping in inconsistencies in the application.
How to dodge all bottlenecks while using mobile DevOps.
You can use DevOps to develop consistent development environments for least maintenance, minimize human intervention, increase the stability of workflow, integration of new services and technology frameworks with the old one; develop a common framework for code and documentation for efficient and effective code integration, the introduction of automation in website and application testing for better bugs detection, better understanding with clients and stakeholders.
The application of DevOps certainly defines a modern approach to the software development journey and is being adopted quickly by nearly all companies and organizations. This would certainly increase their functionality, along with quality assurance. The client interaction with live changes in the project can boost assurance as a service vendor and hence would help an organization grow manifold.