Microsoft has launched an app called family safety that monitors how much time your kids spends online.
There’s no way of tracking how much time kids spend online yet a lot of children spend a lot of time online. However, if you’d like to track your children’s online activity you can now do so by using Microsoft family safety app.
What is the safety app about?
Microsoft announced that their new additional feature would be available on both Android and IOS and stated that their mission was to create healthy habits though this new development.
Microsoft had this to say:
“With families working and learning from home, many of us are spending more time on our computers and phones. Microsoft Family Safety helps you to facilitate a dialogue with your kids about the time they are spending on their devices. It also helps monitor the type of content they are viewing.”
How do you get access to this feature?
- Set up a family group
- Fill out a form here and specify how many family members you intend to have on the same preview account.
Features of The App
- You can get reports on screentime and app usage
- Set time limits and content controls
- Turn on location sharing.
- The app, paired with a dark green design, has detailed and colour-coded breakdowns in activity monitoring graphs and other infographic sections.
- It syncs with Windows and Xbox devices.
How do you ensure control?
You’ll be able to monitor and even put up a setting which will allow you to put a timer on every activity. Also, if the kids run out of screen time, they can ask for more. The good thing is you are in full control. You have the choice to add more time or not based on what is right for your children.